Does Sam-E stop working?

Topic Title: Does Sam-E stop working?
Sashimi

Ip/Isp 203.218.44.124
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Does Sam-E stop working?" , Tue 16 Aug 07:57

have been taking sam-e for about 2 months now. it worked really well at first but just in the last couple of weeks it seems to have lost its effect. does it stop working after a while? do you need to give the body a break? i'm sure if i stopped taking it altogether i would feel really worse buti just don't seem to feel as good as when i first started taking it...

jauggy

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 172.205.185.150
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Does Sam-E stop working?" , Sat 22 Oct 04:18

What's your dosage? I think the same happened to me too. At first i seriously thought that i had cured my depression!

Sashimi

Ip/Isp 219.79.220.245
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Does Sam-E stop working?" , Mon 6 Mar 06:06

my dose of sam-e is 400mg/day first thing in the morning. i thought it stopped working for a while but now i think i've just plateaued. i've been taking it for over 6 months now and i'm reluctant to go off it-- except i am hoping to get pregnant soon so am trying to stop taking it. my doctor said that there's no problem getting off it at all. i'm very scared to lapse back into my depression... any advice on this?

londoner

Ip/Isp 87.194.55.193
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Does Sam-E stop working?" , Mon 3 Apr 10:36:

Hi Sashimi, I notice you are taking a dose of 400mg per day. The clinical trials usually use a dose of 1600mg a day in divided doses. Maybe that's why it's not working optimally. As far as going off Sam-E, have you thought about using fish oil (pharmaceutical grade and containing 1 gram of EPA per day) also I know that excercise for 20 to 30 mins a day helps me, even if it's just a brisk walk.
Best of luck.

[this message was edited by londoner on Mon 3 Apr 10:38]

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.