SJW + SAM-e + 5-HTP combination

Topic Title: SJW + SAM-e + 5-HTP combination
MoonDogGreen

Ip/Isp 69.230.219.245
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"SJW + SAM-e + 5-HTP combination" , Sat 7 May 02:33

Anyone have any experience utilizing all three at once ?

I've started 900 mg. SJW [morning-afternoon-evening] {3 X 300}
400 mg SAM-e [morning-afternoon] {2 X 200}
50 mg. 5-HTP [morning]

jackj

Ip/Isp 71.100.12.136
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):SJW + SAM-e + 5-HTP combination" , Sun 31 Jul 14:11

The therapeutic levels that I've read about for SAM-e have been 1200-1600 mg, so I doubt you'll experience an effect at that level. The body has a ton of SAM-e in it that it makes on its own, which is the reason for supplementing with so much. Unfortunately, it is expensive. Also, the levels of 5-htp that were used in studies were 150-300 mg/day.
I just saw the article someone posted about potential dangers, and simply the efficacy of 5-htp when taken with B-6, and will be checking with a knowledgeable doctor tomorrow about that. If you haven't seen the article, it's at:
http://www.lef.org/magazine/hotlines3.html

jauggy

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 172.205.185.150
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):SJW + SAM-e + 5-HTP combination" , Sat 22 Oct 04:30

OMG that's a high dosage. I'm so poor that i can only afford to take one 200mg tablet per day. It's not having the same effects now as initally, so i don't know if i should continue.

jackj

Ip/Isp 71.100.12.197
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):SJW + SAM-e + 5-HTP combination" , Sat 22 Oct 08:55

Yes, very expensive. We get it from vitacost.com, which I recommend for all their products. Sam's Club is also "relatively" inexpensive, which is to say, still very expensive. Wellbutrin would be a lot cheaper, and I'm cheap, but we gotta go with what's best for her, and fortunately we can afford it. Not able to save for retirement, but we can pay for it and groceries, etc. Plus, it has a lot of other health benefits. I'd love to take it, too, except it's so expensive. Don't know what else to say, except good luck. Check out www.vitacost.com and see if you can afford a higher dosage at their prices. Possibly not, but the therapeutic dosages were 1200-1600.

djs

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 68.233.230.16
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):SJW + SAM-e + 5-HTP combination" , Wed 20 Jul 11:55

Yes, I did three years ago. I felt about a 50% improvement within the first 24 hours. Before, I was very depressed and tired, but the combination of the three really made a difference. I felt energetic enough to start an exercise program, where I would make myself workout every morning, even if I felt tired. A combination of working out while taking Saint John's Work, SAM-e, and 5-HTP got me to feel even better than I thought was ever possible within six months. After a year of taking the supplements, I didn't need them anymore. I stuck with the exercise program and was doing awesome for three consecutive years!

Recently I thought about taking SAM-e again, because I've been feeling a little down for the past few days. I was able to maintain my sense of well-being for three years, but my work stress has increased. I'm thinking of taking the supplements again to prevent any possibility of regression.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.