Any one with these side effects? - http://www.sjwinfo.org Forums
      Home
      SAM-e
       Any one with these side effects?

Topic Title: Any one with these side effects?
shararastegar

Ip/Isp 66.108.32.215
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Any one with these side effects?" , Fri 1 Apr 11:11

Hi all:

I have tried SAM-e with 100 mg dosage a day in the morning for tha last two days. I have an extremly sensitive body, figured to go with lowest. I have been wired. The experience is akin to being on Speed. Anxious, blurred vision, insomnia, etc. Has anyone had these symptoms in this dosage and have gone even lower to say 25 mg a day and gotten rid of the side-effects, and hit the jack-pot so to say. I welcome your all suggestions. with my thanks.

jauggy

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 172.205.136.37
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Any one with these side effects?" , Mon 24 Oct 05:25

SAM-e needs b6, b12, and folic acid to work properly. Maybe your not getting enough of these?

I felt pretty anxious too. I woke up this morning and felt stressed for no reason. I think i might buy some folic acid supplements and see how that goes. I've already tried taking more vitamin B and that helped somewhat but not totally. The reason why i take sam-e is coz it worked the first time i took it but not anymore. Its frustrating!

rod72

Ip/Isp 24.1.10.237
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Any one with these side effects?" , Wed 14 Sep 22:31

Hi,

There have been many studies done on patients with depression taking SAM-e.

One of them, conducted in England in 1989 involved 29 people. Eleven of the patients involved had bipolar depression. Of these eleven people, nine of them reported their symptoms of depression switched to elation, or mania, over the course of the 14 day trial.

The rest of the patients had unipolar depression and none of them reported a switch to manic symptoms.

Please keep in mind that the patients who experienced manic symptoms were diagnosed bipolar patients, so this effect is not completely indicative of what one might experience (unless he/she has bipolar depression) when taking SAM-e.

Hope this sheds some light on it.

Rod

shararastegar

Ip/Isp 66.108.137.124
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Any one with these side effects?" , Thu 15 Sep 13:02

Hi:

Thank you so much for responding to my posting. I did not see it till today, some five months later. I did discontinue using SAM-e. And yes, I did fear the worst that I might be bi-polar!! I still struggle, and times in horrid way, but I do have other complicated health problems that makes me weary of seeking psychiatric solution to my plight. With that, again my thanks for taking time to respond.

rod72

Ip/Isp 24.1.10.237
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Any one with these side effects?" , Thu 15 Sep 22:30

I do wish you the best of luck with your plight. While I will not press you about the problems you may be experiencing, maybe you can seek out a support group that includes people who have similar problems. Rather than a Psychiatric approach, maybe a complementary and alternative medicine practitioner could help.

I recently spoke with a naturopath in Colorado and we discussed how this approach can really be beneficial. Most naturopaths are open to multiple treatment approaches that might be beneficial. Additionally, I have found that naturopathic doctors and other types of alternative medicine practitioners are more apt to contact others in their field to help you find a solution. For the most part, these people actually care about your problems and are willing to spend their own personal time to help you find solutions.

Best wishes,

Rod

shararastegar

Ip/Isp 66.108.137.124
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):Any one with these side effects?" , Fri 16 Sep 10:45

Hi:

Without any reservation, you are absolutely right on point and I am resolute to manage the situation with the alternative modality. Hopefully will update you with some good news in near future--as any positive step taken toward taking control over the problem is good news. regards, Shara

danielleclem

Ip/Isp 70.242.11.152
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Any one with these side effects?" , Tue 26 Apr 11:29

I sort of know what you're saying. I am taking 200mg twice a day and have had a lift in mood. My already anxious personality is through the roof though. Not sure if it is Sam-e or outside sources. I'm going to try to stick it out. Good luck.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.