Wish me luck!

Topic Title: Wish me luck!
shy1

Ip/Isp 134.215.250.189
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Wish me luck!" , Mon 3 Apr 16:42

I've been suffering from mild to moderate depression for as long as I can remember with a serious bout in 2002 that took me to a deep dark hole I never want to revisit. I have never been to a doctor for diagnosis or help, and I've resisted the use of SJW because it is unregulated and inconsistant in manufacturing quality. I wouldn't exactly say I'm desperate to try it, but finally feel I have enough information to trust trying it. This forum has been a great help!

My hope is that SJW will help me reclaim the hope I used to have and that I can once again enjoy the things I used to do. An order of Kira arrived tonight and I'll begin as directed in the morning. Sure, intellectually I know there is no good reason not to start tonight, but my anal side wants the self imposed order of beginning in the morning.

So here's hoping for the best.

Davo

Ip/Isp 139.55.11.134
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Wish me luck!" , Mon 3 Apr 16:56

Hi Shy1,

And I do send my wishes for the best of luck to you and I do hope you feel better very soon. Remember you are not alone.

You may wish to visit http://www.authentichappiness.com and take some of the happiness tests. That should allow you to retake them in a week or 6 to help you gage how well the SJW is working for you.

Good luck,

Davo

shy1

Ip/Isp 134.215.250.189
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Wish me luck!" , Tue 4 Apr 03:26

Davo,

Thanks for the support and for the website, I'll check it out.

shy1

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 66.130.161.238
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Wish me luck!" , Tue 4 Apr 12:48

Good luck, shy1!! Just give it some time to start working, it can take up to 4-6 week for some people to feel its effects. But if you're lucky it might start much sooner. :)

Kelly

shy1

Ip/Isp 134.215.250.189
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"So far so good!" , Sun 9 Apr 18:28

Kelly, wonderful resource you've made available! Thanks to you and all the contributors most of my questions have been answered. No doubt more answers are buried in the forum and I'll eventually find them.

Tomorrow will mark the completion of one week on Kira. After the intitial placebo effect (mild euphoria in my case) I'm beginning to settle emotionally. Two things are very obvious:
1. My moods have evened out without the severe highs and lows I had previously. I'm sure my wife and co-workers really appreciate this.
2. Stress isn't tamed, but it's finally manageable. I no longer feel the need to self medicate with alcohol nor to over eat. This has to be better for me physically.

Perhaps more subtle, but much more important to me is that I have begun to have hope. I have many interests but haven't been motivated to pursue any of them for over a year now. This past week I took our tandem bike in for a tune up. Haven't ridden that bike in more than a year. I can truly say that I'm looking forward to riding again with my wife. Even more surprising is that I choose the tandem as the first bike to tune up. I'm quite certain that "normally" I wouild have chosen my comuter bike or my road bike (haven't ridden those in more than 18 months now). I usually like solo activities. I even got excited taking it in and then talking to the mechanic.

SJW (Kira) seems to be working. Too early to get all giddy over the results, but I must say I am very hopeful. Best of all no negative side effects...except I'm a bit more tired than before.

After reading through the forum I would say my experience is not unusual. I just hope that any skeptics out there (like me) keep an open mind and consider giving SJW a try.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.