Topic Title: Back in the dumps after a long time
Schnookie

Ip/Isp 67.163.192.194
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Back in the dumps after a long time" , Wed 29 Mar 22:34:

Hi everyone.

Well, here I am, back on Kelly's fine pages, and also kind of wishing I wasn't. But, it is that time again, after 18 months or so of being off SJW, and life has taken me now to it's door once more.
I'm ok with the fact that I have to start taking it again, primarilly due to some stuff going on in my life, and those bloody awfull negative thoughts that seem to be plagueing my life (do any of you guys get them too)? But I'd like to know from you fine people how long it takes for 5htp to start working? I've had a bugger of a day today, and decided that I'd start again on 'the wort', but I've also bought some 5htp, and kind of wished I'd started it a good few weeks ago. Anyway, does anyone know how long it takes for a 200mg dose to work it's magic, along with taking the regulated 900mg SJW dose?
Best of luck to every single one of you, and a big thank you to Kelly's oasis here on the www. Kelly, you are a really nice man.

Pees & Loaf.

[this message was edited by Schnookie on Wed 29 Mar 22:36]

Replies:

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 66.130.161.238
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Back in the dumps after a long time" , Sat 1 Apr 22:52

Just wanted to say thanks for your comments. I'm working on a new version of this website with some thoughts on safe ways to stop taking antidepressants... difficult subject, since may of us have come back to them, but I'll try to make it useful.

Kelly

Schnookie

Ip/Isp 67.163.192.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Back in the dumps after a long time" , Thu 30 Mar 07:20

Thanks for the reply.
Well, today is the most beautiful day here in PA, and I feel pretty crappy. Woke-up this morning and then went into a full blown panic about God only know's what? I'm wishing that I'd started taking SJW etc a while back now!
But, we will move-on, and see what the rest of this lovely day brings. Thanks again for the info, and I hope things pick-up for yourself too.

Take care, and lovely thoughts,

Schnookie.

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Back in the dumps after a long time" , Thu 30 Mar 11:15

Hiya schnookie,

I'm really sorry to hear your feeling crappy, I know its not nice and it knocks the wind out your sails especially when everything around you seems to be good and yes beautiful.

I hope you feel a little brighter soon, takecare and fingers crossed your sjw will help.

Pixy x

pixybell

Ip/Isp 86.130.146.133
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Back in the dumps after a long time" , Thu 30 Mar 00:34

Hiya,

Sorry to hear your not feeling too good, and yea the negative thoughts do creep back in I guess from time to time we all have them, and I know how hard it is to fight them back.

I took 5htp with valerian and it took about two and a half weeks for me to start seeing a big difference, I didn't combine it with sjw so I couldn't comment on that. After about the 3 and a half month mark I noticed the effects wearing off, I ignored them for a while and thought I was just having a few bad days. After another month or so I decided to stop taking it, the effects had virtually worn off and I was feeling real low. I switched to sjw and I'm not perfect right now but I'm trying.

I hope you feel better soon takecare pixy x

schnookie

Ip/Isp 67.163.192.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Back in the dumps after a long time" , Thu 30 Mar 13:48

Hi, and thanx again.
I love this site, as amidst all the craziness that goes on in life, there's this little oasis, where I can drop by and really find that I'm not alone, when sometimes I really, really feel like I am. Depression and anxiety/panic/negative thinking, really, really makes an otherwise perfectly sane (ahem - almost) and happy chap, really down in the dumps. I think I could have been arrested for some of the thoughts I've had in my head over the last day or so, and I really get to thinking "I just wonder, that I'm so close to snapping sometimes......", BUT, I never do ! And from what I know, no-one ever does, cause they just have these absolutely rediculous thoughts going through their heads, and those are just that - THOUGHTS ! It's this part of depression that really get's me down. I can deal with the fuzzy-head part, the sweaty palms part, and the lack of concertration is ok too, but those bloody thoughts !
I think I'll keep them to myself actually.
C'mon St. Johns - we need you. Actually I'm feeling a lot better today; I just feel I've done some seriously terrible thinking over the last wee while, and I wish I hadn't.

papuanewguinea

Ip/Isp 195.93.21.72
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Back in the dumps after a long time" , Sat 1 Apr 11:13

Sorry to hear youve had a setback, but I thinks its normal (tho a pain in the ass) cos were all fallible human beings prone to this and that.

I can really relate to the "bad thoughts" side of things - which is why Id reccomend any book by Albert Ellis or David Burns who deal with the "cognitive" or "thought" side of depression. Ive found that as i change my thoughts, my depresson eases too. just a thought for you.

Dont be hard on yourself and take each day at a time, congratulate yourself on each small step.

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Back in the dumps after a long time" , Thu 30 Mar 16:31

Hiya,

I know the feeling, them thoughts I once let out to a doctor, I ended up sitting in a hospital telling a psychiatrist that I wasn't going to do anything and I wanted to go home. I too keep them thoughts to myself now.

Its my birthday tomorrow and I wish the ground would swallow me up and forget it happened. Its 1.30am and I am still waiting for sleep, I know my sjw is working as im alot more receptive at and less anxious. I have bad days but I'm also having some good ones so i know sjw is helping, I can be patient and will wait just hope like you its soon. Heres to feeling better and I'm real pleased you do!!!. Pixy x

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.