Topic Title: SJW in Calgary
CalgaryGuy

Ip/Isp 142.179.146.46
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"SJW in Calgary" , Wed 29 Mar 06:58

Hi everyone,

I am new to this posting but have read the postings regularly over the last 6 months or so.

I have dealt with depression for about 5 years. Before that, I was a very happy go lucky guy who made people laugh pretty regularly.

5 years ago, I was on serzone and felt pretty darn good after being on it for about 6 months. I was back to being my normal self. The next 4 and 1/2 years, I took nothing, although I did feel down at times.

This past September, due to some pretty stressful times at the office and feeling alone some times (I am single but pretty darn good looking and successful if I do say so myself), I sunk pretty low and although I was not as low as I was 5 years ago, I did feel lower than at any other point during the last 5 years.

I did not want to do back on serzone (which I believe has been banned in Canada since anyway) and did not want to try any other AD's.

That is when I discovered this site while surfing for natural alternatives to AD's. The first brand I tried was a London Drugs Brand. I felt OK a few days after trying it, but I think it was more of a placebo effect. I think that London Drugs Brand is GARBAGE. I then tried Webber Naturals. Again, it is GARBAGE too. Then I tried Jamieson brand. This is not bad. Then I tried Swiss Natural. This is a pretty good one. But be careful with this one. You'll see (try Shoppers Drug Mart) that they have 2 different kinds of Swiss Natural. They have one that is the standard 300mg and another one that is 400mg that actually says antidepressant on the bottle. DO NOT BUY the 300mg one - it is GARBAGE.

Finally, about 4 weeks ago, I walked into the Calgary Co-Op. I went to the pharmacy and low and behold, they sell KIRA, one of the most researched brands and the most used brand in Germany. I tell you, by far and away, this brand is the best available in Calgary. Just to be sure, since I was experiencing such great results from it, I checked out 3 different Co-ops and ALL of them carried it. Finally - a really good brand in a store in Calgary.

I just want everyone to know that SJW CAN WORK. But you have to experiment with it and, unfortunately, have to spend money on it. I think it is no coincidence that the brands I listed all go up in price (KIRA is $19.99 for 50 tablets. Webber, for example, is like $7.99 for 90 tablets). I just think that the more expensive ones are produced in controlled environments and work more consistently because of it.

But keep positive. I feel pretty good now. Not sure if it will last, but since I started using KIRA I see an improvement. I saw improvements with Swiss Natural, but not like this. The other brands in Calgary though, in my opinion are garbage.

I hope I can help some people out with this post and my experience.

Thanks

CalgaryGuy

Ip/Isp 142.179.146.46
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):SJW in Calgary" , Wed 29 Mar 12:40

Thanks for providing this site by the way Kelly.

Actually, though, Safeway in Calgary does not carry it. I have checked Superstore, Safeway, Sobey's, the health stores, WalMart, Zellers, everywhere!!! And nobody carries a good brand like Kira except Co-Op.

But I totally agree, the drug store brands are garbage. The only decent brand other than Kira in Calgary is Swiss Natural (at least from my experiences). I cannot find Perika anywhere, so I will stick with Kira for now.

Thanks Kelly.

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 66.130.161.238
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):SJW in Calgary" , Wed 29 Mar 11:27

Hi CalgaryGuy,

Well I lived in Calgary for 8 years, including those years since 1997 when I first created this website. I live in Montreal for now, but can still recall some places to buy SJW. You can find Kira at many Safeways as well, but it's the same price (expensive!) and Calgary Co-op has a fresher food selection anyway. :)

Most of the drug-store brands are not very good. The worst I've ever found are the brands sold in Superstore and Wal-Mart. Since there are many supplement stores in Calgary, you can find different brands there too but they rarely, if ever, carry Kira. Kira is a good, realiable brand... the only problem is that it's quite expensive. Though of course, expensive is a relative term and it's still much less than a prescription med.

If you continue with SJW for some time, the lowest cost alternative I've found is to mail-order a brand like Perika from the U.S. You'll pay for shipping and duty, but if you buy a larger quantity it will still be a fair bit cheaper. Just some ideas.

Calgary is still booming nowadays. Maybe I'll move back one day.

Kelly

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):SJW in Calgary" , Wed 29 Mar 08:59

Hiya,

I tried 5htp and a brand of sjw from a health food shop before switching to kira over 6 weeks ago now, although I am feeling more alert in myself my sleeping is still somewhat erratic most of the time but I believe I have to wait that bit longer for it to kick in some more. I have been off AD's now for 12 months and off sleeping tablets for only 6 months and its hard but I will get there.
Kira is pretty expensive but it hasn't given me stomach pains like the other brand and as I had read alot about it on here and researched a little before I purchesed it I thought I would give it a try. Fingers crossed I will be feeling that bit brighter over the forth coming weeks.

I'm glad its working for you, and its good to hear about the positives I hope they continue for you.
Pixy x

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.