Im taking 1800 mg a day and I feel nothing

Topic Title: Im taking 1800 mg a day and I feel nothing
sadgirl1

Ip/Isp 12.72.26.28
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Im taking 1800 mg a day and I feel nothing" , Wed 22 Mar 16:18:

Well this is my third day on SJW. I am taking 1800 mg a day cause I figure I want the optimal effect. I am a petite little thing so that really is a lot. Furthermore, I am pretty certain I am not taking a "bad" brand because it cost me $22 for the bottle and it mentioned that it had the standardized amount on the side panel and that it was used for scientific study, blah blah.

Well I feel the same. Actually I feel kinda depressed. I don't feel any better or anything like that.

[this message was edited by sadgirl1 on Wed 22 Mar 16:19]

Replies:

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 66.130.161.238
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Im taking 1800 mg a day and I feel noth" , Thu 23 Mar 11:17

You're taking waaaay more than the recommended dose, I would suggest that you don't do this! You're not going to feel anything after three days, and it doesn't matter which antidepressant you choose. It's going to take three weeks or longer. Please don't take so much of it, it's not good for you to start like this - plus since you are petite, when it starts working it will likely be tooooo much.

Too much can actually make you depressed at times. You want to get the right amount. Buy a good quality brand and please take the right dosage. While you're waiting for it to kick-in, treat yourself to a movie, take yourself out for dinner, do something fun that you wouldn't normally do. You deserve it. Don't try to shortcut the process of healing because you just can't.

As this Experiences section is for LONG-TERM experiences, I'll delete this thread after about a week... please make note of the right area to post your message.

Kelly

sadgirl1

Ip/Isp 12.72.25.134
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Im taking 1800 mg a day and I feel noth" , Sat 8 Apr 06:17

Its been over three weeks and im wondering when I should just throw in the towel?

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Im taking 1800 mg a day and I feel noth" , Mon 10 Apr 03:02

Hiya sadgirl,

Sorry to hear your having a bit of rough time right now, maybe you should consider swopping the brand, even though you say its not a bad brand, it could just be that. I tried a brand and I had some pretty naff side effects with it, I switched to kira and I can't say that I feel ontop of the world its been about 2 months now but I do have some good days now.

I hope you feel better soon. pixy x

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 66.130.161.238
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Im taking 1800 mg a day and I feel noth" , Sun 9 Apr 17:26

No, don't throw in the towel! You need to wait at least six weeks for it to start working. If you stop it too soon you're doing yourself a disservice. Also, please don't take *double* the recommended amount, especially when you're first starting!

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.