New Here

Topic Title: New Here
AOD

Ip/Isp 69.251.159.200
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"New Here" , Sat 18 Feb 07:03

This is my second post and I want to thank Kelly for his website and the very kind manner in which he shows to everyone. Also to all the other posters out there who are trying to find their way - good luck. I suffer from anxiety (panic attacks) and depression - my Dr prescribed me Lexapro and Xanax. After an afternoon of research I decided I really don't want to take either, the side effects of both and the withdrawal process seems like I would be trading one problem for another and so have been trying SJW. Through this site I decided on Perika which seems to be working. I also picked up some 5-HTP (Natrol) but mixing the two seems to be giving me some apprehensiveness so I am going to stick with just the Perika for awhile and see how it goes. I haven't told my Dr yet but plan to soon. Good luck everyone and God Bless.

AOD

babyk1299

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 67.84.217.9
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):New Here" , Fri 24 Feb 16:03:

Just wanted to say hello and that I'm glad you decided to give SJW a try before using the Lexapro and Xanax. I have tried using SJW before, and as soon as it didn't work immediately i'd stop. But a couple of weeks ago I decided to really give it a try and it's made a huge difference. Sometimes it takes awhile, so give it a few weeks before you give up!
I too suffer from panic attacks, i've become a master at talking myself out of them, but i'd like to see the day where they don't exist at all. I also suffer from depression and aggression at times. The SJW has really taken the edge off, and gives me the clarity to sit back analyze a bit.
I crave talking to people about how they handle depression, panic attacks, etc. I believe it's a tremendous help to realize that there are so many people out there who feel the same as we do. I'd like to see many more posts about that here.
Take care of you, hope you are feeling better real soon!
Kim

[this message was edited by babyk1299 on Fri 24 Feb 16:09]

apprec8

Ip/Isp 69.209.46.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):New Here" , Tue 28 Feb 08:35

Looks like we have a lot in common. I also look for people to talk to regarding panic attacks and anxiety. I believe I have been suffering from mild depression since I was a teen...never diagnosed of course. I was diagnosed with panic disorder last year. I have been fighting the suggestion of meds as well. I do a lot of research on herbs, but I never found one that I was willing to take long term until I ran into this site. Since then, I have done more research, and an finally comfortable with giving sjw a try. I have been on it for about 2 weeks. My body is very sensitive, so I believe I felt a small change right away. You're right. SJW does take the edge off. I've had more energy too. I take 300mg in the morning and 600 mg before bed ( with a cup of soy milk). One thing is for sure, I am well rested in the morning. I get right out of bed... where before it took a lot more effort. I truly believe this will help me feel 'normal' again. I know its working because of what I "DON'T" feel as opposed to what I do.

Keep me posted on your progress and I'll do the same.
GOD bless and keep your head up.

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):New Here" , Sat 18 Feb 14:23

Hiya AOD,

I hope the sjw works for you and your feeling better not much fun having depression or panic attacks. I've had depression on and off for years but never had panic attacks but have seen someone close have them and it was awful to watch. So I hope your ok and you get some valuable information from this site like everyone else does. Takecare pixy xx

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.