positive results with Perika after 3 months

Topic Title: positive results with Perika after 3 months
thankful4sjw

Ip/Isp 205.133.238.90
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"positive results with Perika after 3 months" , Wed 26 Oct 11:58

I was going through fairly severe depression for much of the past year. In July I finally accepted that I needed medical help. I was quite hesitant to try prescription drugs because I know several people who've had side effects. So I researched SJW, and thankfully this site was one of the first Google hits. Numerous threads here recommended Perika and some even linked to recent studies showing its efficacy, so I decided to give it a try.

It's been about 3 months since I started taking Perika. I took 3 300mg pills a day as recommended on the label. After a few weeks I definitely noticed an improvement in my moods. In particular, my low moods were not as low nor did I remain in a low state as long. So this was a very positive boost and continues to help me today.

Thankfully I had minor side effects only during the first month. My digestion was affected, as I'd sometimes get minor stomach irritation. But that went away after a month, and now I don't have any noticeable side effects (though I've been cautious about UV exposure because of possible photosensitivity).

In the past month I've only been taking 2 pills a day, one each at breakfast and dinner. The past 2 weeks have been more stressful than usual, so I'm thinking I'll go back to 3 pills a day and take the third at bedtime.

I want to thank everyone who has posted helpful information on this site. I also thank Kelly for providing sjwinfo for all of our benefit.

Freddo

Ip/Isp 12.22.81.156
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):positive results with Perika after 3 mo" , Wed 26 Oct 12:23

Your post is encouraging....I started SJW (Perika 3x daily) two weeks ago and have only felt a difference in a few moments here and there. I still have some very prolonged low points and violent outbursts.

I was beginning to doubt the possibility that SJW could help me, but your post has given me enough hope to stick it out for a few more weeks. So thanks, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

denn

Ip/Isp 207.229.174.180
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):positive results with Perika after 3 mo" , Thu 27 Oct 11:49

It took me seven full weeks to begin experiencing the benefits of Perika. Suggest staying with it and taking each dose with food. You might also consider taking fish oil. I take 1000mg three times/day and it's not only great for the brain, but heart and other functions as well. Also, cardio exercise (even a daily walk) does wonders for the attitude. St. John's works, but it may take some time to kick in.

thankful4sjw

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 205.133.238.90
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):positive results with Perika after 3 mo" , Wed 26 Oct 12:33

Freddo, do continue with Perika for at least another week (3 weeks recommended on the label). If it doesn't help then perhaps another brand is the way to go. Others on this forum have had better results with other brands.

I do hope that you'll find the help you need. I know how rough depression can be.

Freddo

Ip/Isp 12.22.81.118
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):positive results with Perika after 3 mo" , Fri 28 Oct 08:13

Thanks guys, I will stick with Perika SJW for now and I'll look into the fish oil as well. I agree with the exercise ideas also, sometimes just getting a good stretch helps if it's too hard to work up the energy for cardio.

shyness

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 207.200.116.201
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):positive results with Perika after 3 mo" , Tue 14 Mar 12:05

hey everyone,i,ve only been taking perika for about 4 days today and my question was did anyone of you guys feel the depresion getting worst after taking it? and if so how long does it take before you can start feeling better? any help would be greatly apreciated.

amblinlamby

Ip/Isp 66.77.225.250
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):positive results with Perika after 3 mo" , Mon 20 Mar 08:30

Shyness--
I,too, have just started on perika/ been on it now 4 days ; taking 3 tablets a day and this morning experienced an extended crying jag and also digestive/slight nausea problems. Nonetheless, I am going to stay the course with this and continue taking it for 6 weeks. In the past I took NOW brand sjw for about a year and a half and it worked, so I went off it . Then, after a year or so I was depressed again so started taking the NOW stuff again. The second time I tried it, it did not work. I think they changed their formula or I changed or something..I have been seeing a psychiatrist to help me find some sort of medication that I can tolerate. He says I am SENSITIVE to medicines and I am also particularly wary( and not unduly) of psych meds. The psychiatrist I am seeing says sjw works for mild to moderate depression. He thinks I may be dysthymic. I have read that sjw is appropriate for dysthymia. Also, though I did have an extended cry this early morning, it initiated a good talk about life with my spouse and left me feeling "cried out" in a good way with improved mutual understandings with the mate! It says on the package:"Benefits are best realized after 2-4 weeks of regular usage". I will be reassessing for myself the efficacy of this sjw again Thursday after next! I hope this finds you much improved--you're ahead of me by about 10 days, I guess, in your treatment. I am GRATEFUL for this WONDERFUL site!

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.