Will Need to go Back on SJW... - http://www.sjwinfo.org Forums
      Home
      Experiences Section
       Will Need to go Back on SJW...

Topic Title: Will Need to go Back on SJW...
Chico

Ip/Isp 64.10.154.152
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Will Need to go Back on SJW..." , Mon 26 Sep 13:30

So far, 2005 has been a rough year for me. Come to think of it, this century has been tough. But for me, I have found this year to be very sobering. I hadn't battled with bad depression for at least five years but this year seemed to be out to get me.

I have been chronically unemployed for years in between college courses and sh*t jobs. Finally, the unemployment office placed me in a not-half-bad job working as a fundraiser for a supposed African relief charity. The work was almost completely independent, which suited me fine considering that I'm the independent type. The guy who was my "employer" seemed to be nice enough at the start of my work term back in mid February.

Work was going alright for the first two weeks, but then his bad checks started to come. The two very first checks both bounced hard, and the bank was looking to slap big NSF fees on me. What the hell!? What is this guy trying to impress upon me? When I tried to get a hold of him, I was emailed back with his telling me he is in Africa at this time and I should direct my concerns to his wife, who wasn't helpful. (The story was their restaurant was in financial disarray.)

I was looking forward to saving some money and eventually qualifying for unemployment insurance, which may have led to me being able to go back to school with an education subsidy. It didn't happpen because the employer reneged on his commitment and I was left to battle him (sans the unemployment office) before a labour board and was eventually awarded $1910 CAD for my troubles. It was sad, because as I mentioned, I was hoping to bank a little money and walked away with less than two-thousand dollars, which was already earmarked for bills.

Not long after this debacle, I felt the black clouds moving in and sucking away any enjoyment I could squeeze out of life at that point. I was becoming lethargic and had quickly become irritable at even small things. Then my appetite completely went and I found myself bedridden for an entire week, only able to drag myself up for basic hygiene and eating to sustain life. And for a while, I didn't care if I lived because I felt so horrible. I remember lying in bed wishing I would starve rather than face another day.

I finally was able to will myself to go to the public library and read up on possible natural remedies for my depression as I couldn't afford, or wanted, prescription meds. Valerian helped a little but it didn't lift my mood. Calmag and fish oil didn't do much at all other than helping to maintain my basic health. However, I read positive things about St. John's Wort and decided to spring for a bottle or two and promised myself to hang on for two months to see what would happen.

I would say that it took about three to four weeks to notice really significant changes in my mood. I remember thinking to myself that a herbal remedy like SJW couldn't possibly be so potent as to lift me out of a major depression so efficiently. But it really worked!! The brand I used was "Jamieson" brand. It's popular here in Canada, although I'm not sure where else.

It's been roughly two months since I have been off SJW, and today I have some feelings of doom and anxiety because my situation hasn't really changed. This leads me to believe that SJW literally changed my perspective of the world around me when I needed it most. Since I've been off SJW for a while, the pain is trying to come back before I have a chance to resolve my financial and emotional issues.

I had to move from the city back to my father's house because of the financial strain, and I don't have transportation at this time to get more SJW. It would be helpful if someone could recommend a good online vendor who can ship SJW at a reasonable price.

To summarize my feelings about SJW, I highly recommend it as it gave me a chance to see things in a more positive light. I still hardly believe how it enabled me to regain my normal train of thought so quickly.

Celeste

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 68.149.100.106
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Will Need to go Back on SJW..." , Mon 26 Sep 20:35

Hi there: Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. But it's great to hear that SJW made such a huge difference in your life before. I have been getting all my supplements from this place: www.canadianvitaminshop.com for at least 6 or 8 months now. They are based in Victoria, but they ship all over Canada. Shipping is free on orders over $50. Their website is very good, and I have contacted them over the phone/e-mail a couple of times with questions. They were extremely friendly and helpful. I have compared the prices of things I buy with the same items at local stores, and they are definitely lower, quite a bit sometimes. I am not sure if they carry Jamieson, but they do sell all the other "health food store" brands. Hope this will be accessible for you.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.