Topic Title: I can't wait to feel better
babyk1299

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 67.84.218.200
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"I can't wait to feel better" , Sat 23 Apr 18:56

I hope this passes soon. Having some marital problems, nothing that will cause divorce, just some lack of communication, no time to spend together, etc... We have been married for 2 years and have a 14 month old. Plus I have 2 children from a previous marriage, ages 11 and 14, so needless to say we are both pretty busy. I just feel that we are more "friends" at this point and I need a deeper more meaningful feel to our relationship. I truly feel that if we got along better I would not feel so down all the time.
I ordered some Kira SJW and am waiting patiently for it to come in. I looked around locally but could not find the brand so I used the internet. I have not told my husband or anyone else that I will be trying this. They don't even know that I suffer from depression. Shows you how much we communicate right! I just feel ashamed and awkward talking about it with him, like he would look down on me or something.
Well, if anyone would ever like to talk feel free to e-mail or post here. I could use the company right about now :)
Thanks for listening,
Kim

Penny

Ip/Isp 68.43.40.244
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):I can't wait to feel better" , Wed 22 Jun 17:24

Hi there. I know your email is from a long time ago. Just wanted to see how you were. I know how you feel about not being able to talk about it with your husband. I dont have one. I'm single, but i cant talk about it with my family or friends either. Let me know how you are doing. Take care. Penny

parkrunner

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 211.30.248.178
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):I can't wait to feel better" , Thu 19 May 06:31:

Kim I know how you feel when you say it's hard to talk about with your hubby. I've suffered from depression on and off over most of my teenage/adult life but I have usually been able to 'control' it (ie hide it from my loved ones). However, this latest episode has really knocked me flat and I had no choice but to spell it all out for hubby (and my kids really). We have likened this episode to having the flu (as in, the real deal, the one you get immunised for) - ie I have been really sick and it is going to take me a long time to get over this and build up 'strength' again.

I was unsure how he would react - would he think I was making it up, using it as an excuse for not cooking dinner, attention seeking etc etc? He has honestly surprised me with his capacity to understand - although sometimes I would like him to take the initiave and find out more about depression on his own rather than asking me all the time!!

Best of luck - patience is a good thing to have - you are on the way!

Parkrunner

Don't go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path - and leave a trail...

[this message was edited by parkrunner on Thu 19 May 06:38]

MrLovely

Ip/Isp 212.38.189.24
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):I can't wait to feel better" , Thu 26 May 10:04

Not to sound callous, but there are marriage counselling type discussion boards where I am sure you guys (the middle aged woman crowd that seems to be dominant on this board) could get a lot of help....SJW alone won't solve all your problems. It won't cure you. It won't save your marriage.

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 24.200.80.234
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):I can't wait to feel better" , Fri 27 May 10:49

While it's true that SJW by itself won't save a marriage, it would be much more useful to encourage someone to work things out and discuss the issues, rather than suggest they leave this message board and go somewhere else.

Depression causes a myriad of things, and it can have a big impact on relationships. Marriage counselling is still a good idea, but I hope the original poster sticks around here and feels comfortable enough to look to the forum for support. It never ceases to amaze me how different the world looks when we're not depressed, and how much easier everything can be... relationships included.

Kelly

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 70.28.12.167
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):I can't wait to feel better" , Sun 24 Apr 21:52

Hopefully SJW will help you to feel better. When you're not depressed it's remarkable how much more you can communicate, without instantly getting angry and starting a fight. I see it in myself, on those low days it's like I don't want to talk to anyone, and it feels like I can't even get a smile in return. Then on other days when I'm feeling fine, a simple smile goes a long ways... and I find myself talking to the cashier at the checkout counter, I call my friend more, and so on... Good luck to you. Your mood can affect how much you want to talk about, and so SJW could help in that regard.

Kelly

sheephead

Ip/Isp 195.93.21.37
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):I can't wait to feel better" , Fri 20 May 00:52

Just picking up on what Kelly was saying, I am often minded of the words of the song "when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you".

When you're 'up' and feeling good about life it's like everyone is in tune with you and everything seems incredibly easy.....you can light a room up just by walking into it and everybody wants a piece of you.

When you're 'down' it's like people can pick up on your vibe before you say or do anything. Everyone seems either in your face or (more likely) they are totally disinterested in your presence.

There's like this weird, indefinable 'up' vibe and 'down' vibe that you just seem to give off.

Sheephead.

berenice

Ip/Isp 72.1.138.172
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"good vibes" , Tue 3 May 15:31

Thinking of you and sending you happy vibes

(I hope I'm sending it to the correct Kelly, if not, oops, sorry)

MrLovely

Ip/Isp 212.38.189.24
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):I can't wait to feel better" , Sun 24 Apr 08:27

SJW is not going to save your marriage. It might make you feel a bit better though. The rest is entirely up to you.

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 24.200.80.234
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):I can't wait to feel better" , Fri 27 May 10:50

Can we please try to keep the message forum a positive and encouraging place?

Kelly

MrLovely

Ip/Isp 24.200.80.234
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):I can't wait to feel better" , Sat 28 May 08:37:

I'm sorry Kelly, but I am just trying to keep things realistic. Some people here get the idea that their life will suddenly turn around because of SJW and then they are disappointed when it doesn't happen. Anyone that expects SJW to do any more than replace some of the deficient chemicals in their brain is just asking for disappointment.

[paragraph deleted by Kelly]

Babyk1299 I am not trying to "belittle" your emotions but rather I am trying to give you a realistic idea of what SJW is for and what it will do for a person. To me your problems sound like a temporary rut caused by external problems rather than any internal brain chemistry problem, and I really think that you need to deal with your problems rather than look for some crutch because the only way out is through, as they say. If you have experienced long-term depression outwith this situation or any other mental problems then by all means ignore my advice but please do not do so out of spite.

[this message was edited by kelly on Sat 28 May 19:33]

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 24.200.80.234
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):I can't wait to feel better" , Sat 28 May 19:37

If this place is too positive for you then I can assure you, there are enough places in the world and on the Internet that we can all woe in self-pity. There is no need to direct your irritation at any one person on the forum. Directing it at everyone, as well as life in general, is fine... well, not fine but expected.

No one should expect any kind of miracle from SJW, but I do believe that the mind has an incredible power to help people heal themselves - in addition to any drug or remedy we decide to take.

Kelly

MrLovely

Ip/Isp 212.38.189.24
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):I can't wait to feel better" , Sat 28 May 19:51:

Once again Kelly I would prefer to read 3 lines of information and testimony than 11 containing those same 3 lines plus 8 of sugar coating. Sorry for having to warm up that delete button of yours. Like I said I would just prefer that this place was realistic and concise. However, it's your show and I will let you guys get back on topic.

[this message was edited by MrLovely on Sat 28 May 19:52]

Noctivagant

Ip/Isp 24.150.122.128
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(6):I can't wait to feel better" , Sun 3 Jul 23:07

When I am feeling depressed, I feel like my life has a million problems that will never be solved. When I am feeling good, those problems don't seem nearly as important anymore.

Medicine won't make someones problems go away, but if they are depressed and it helps them they will have a better outlook on life.

I have found that I create more problems in my life than I should have by being depressed, including in my relationship. I am hoping sjw will work for me before I have to start again on more expensive medication.

babyk1299

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 12.42.32.130
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):I can't wait to feel better" , Fri 27 May 11:19

Thank you Kelly, I agree this should be a place to come and help eachother out by supporting eachother when it's needed, not belittle the very difficult emotions and situations that "we" work through on a daily basis. What tends to work for one person might not be the solution for another, but we could at least work to make that person feel welcome and heard in a positive manner!
I thank everyone who gave kind words of encouragement, I have started taking SJW and it has helped. When you feel better everyone around you feels better and things are looking up for my family and I. Life is a work in progress, a constant give and take, and sometimes you just need a lift to keep you on the right track :)
I hope everyone enjoys their nice long memorial day weekend.
Take care,
Kim

mmf

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 206.131.13.18
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):I can't wait to feel better" , Fri 27 May 11:24:

Glad things are looking up for you and that you are feeling better!!

[this message was edited by mmf on Fri 27 May 11:27]

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.