Can anyone tell me what this medical prob is? - http://www.sjwinfo.org Forums
      Home
      Chit-Chat
       Can anyone tell me what this medical prob is?

Topic Title: Can anyone tell me what this medical prob is?
MrLovely

Ip/Isp 212.38.189.24
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Can anyone tell me what this medical prob is?" , Mon 11 Apr 14:30:

OK, for the past year I have had 3 or so of these weird bouts, they have each lasted about an hour and a half, they start with my vision going a bit funny like the focal point of my eye doesn't work, and I can't read or think straight....then I start forgetting things later on and it gets worse for about half an hour, and eventually it passes and usually my right hand starts to go numb at the fingers first and then up my arm, and then it fades and either the left starts doing the same or my tongue goes numb at the back followed by a spot at the back of my nose and under my eye....this can also happen on the other side as well, and eventually it culminates in a pretty bad headache.

Now this is truly bizarre and I was wondering if any of you nice people could tell me what on earth is going on when this happens?

Thanks

[this message was edited by MrLovely on Thu 14 Apr 04:44]

Replies:

ramonel

Ip/Isp 81.215.210.210
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Can anyone tell me what this medical pr" , Tue 16 Aug 04:37

i think you shoul go to a doctor. the way you discribed the symptoms it seems to be anxiety( possible depression) and those episodes could be panik attacks. but the best seek for medical attention.

Obie

Ip/Isp 142.161.185.188
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Can anyone tell me what this medical pr" , Thu 21 Apr 21:09

I'm with rewrite on this. Best to get checked.
I get migraines with some of the same vision problems, but no memory loss and numbness.
Memory loss came with depression though ;)

MrLovely

Ip/Isp 212.38.189.24
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Can anyone tell me what this medical pr" , Fri 22 Apr 06:58

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

To clear things up it's not like I actually forget things (maybe a little, like I forgot what the V in CV stood for) but I just can't think straight....I think migraine is probably the most reasonable explanation, but I will think about getting checked up. That or if it happens again, whichever comes first.

rewrite

Ip/Isp 69.140.2.72
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Can anyone tell me what this medical pr" , Fri 15 Apr 11:18

dude, get an MRI

MrLovely

Ip/Isp 212.38.189.24
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Can anyone tell me what this medical pr" , Mon 11 Apr 22:24

Perhaps I should clarify....I can't read because my vision in the focal point just doesn't work....I see everything but that point....it's hard to explain.

Thanks, perhaps you are right.

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 70.81.115.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Can anyone tell me what this medical pr" , Sat 16 Apr 08:11

You should definitely go to a doctor and get some blood tests done, for starters. It could be many different things, including diabetes... especially because of the numbness and the blurred vision. But you'll never know until you get checked out. Tell him or her what you're experiencing and you'll get a much better idea of things.

Good luck,
Kelly

mmf

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 206.131.12.79
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Can anyone tell me what this medical pr" , Mon 11 Apr 20:10:

Parts of this sound like a migraine headache, and other parts, I'm not sure what it could be. The migraine headache parts: the vision going a bit funny, focal point doesn't work, can't read, the very bad headache. I have these symptoms: the blurry vision, wavy lines off to the side of my vision, can't see words on the page Except for a point, one letter, for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, then I can see clear again, but then the headache starts, and gets worse and worse, until I'm nauseous. If I take a pain killer right away, as soon as the vision gets goofy, I can avoid the headache, but I feel really weird. Maybe this is what you have, except I'm not sure about the forgetting things, and the numbness being part of a migraine. Maybe it is for some people?? Check with your doctor.

[this message was edited by mmf on Tue 12 Apr 18:03]

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.