Topic Title: marty funk's island
inforequired

Ip/Isp 65.218.132.157
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"marty funk's island" , Thu 25 Nov 10:12

hello,
a while ago you have written a book Marty Funk's Island. I am just curious if you have managed to publish the book.
thanks.

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 68.144.70.174
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"The Cult of Marty Funk" , Thu 9 Dec 19:28

Thanks so much for asking about it... but no, I received about 30 rejection letters to the query letters I sent out to publishers some 18 months ago. It's hard to take so much rejection, with barely a hint of any positive words at all, but I must continue on and persevere. Writing is a solitary thing, unfortunately (though I did join the local Writer's Guild recently!).

I've taken it upon myself to almost completely rewrite the book, so that more people are interested in it. And so that publishers will hear what I have to say, and want to buy it. Here is the short tagline, followed by a more indepth description:

"Marty Funk is the star of a new reality-based show, only he doesn’t know it yet. While on vacation in India, he is watched and photographed, and then carefully lured into the underworld – a secret group of pleasure seekers who bring each person into the fold… one at a time."

"His plan was to spend three short weeks in a tropical paradise, but soon after his arrival he discovers a hidden camera behind a mirror in his guesthouse… and then a pin-hole camera in the corner of his bamboo hut. Marty travels across the country to get away but they follow him. He meets a girl, they fall in love and travel to a remote island together – but she disappears, leaving only a cryptic message behind: that he must return to the beach… and upon his return to search for her, they capture him, drug him and take him underground, where they give him exactly what he had been searching for all along…"

"The story is written in a light and humourous manner and unfolds quickly. Currently titled The Cult of Marty Funk, my book leverages the success of today’s reality-based television programs and thus has mass appeal to a wide and general audience. It also has the potential for a cult following by anyone who loves romance, travel, adventure, suspense, and the thrill of being secretly watched and photographed."

Well, hopefully some people will find this version more interesting...
The response I got the first time broke my heart.

Kelly

perika

Ip/Isp 152.163.100.73
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):The Cult of Marty Funk" , Fri 28 Jan 19:41

Kelly: Do not give up on that book! It shall be published in due time!!!

inforequired

Ip/Isp 65.218.132.157
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):The Cult of Marty Funk" , Mon 13 Dec 06:07

thanks for the reply..
I never thought it is so hard to publish a book. I mean there is so much junk out there. I would presume a travel book shouls capture the attention.
anyhow, have you ever thought of approaching a small publishing house?
maybe you can publish your book small first and then try to advertise it yourself.
thanks again and best of luck!

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.