GNC sjw is bad for you???

Topic Title: GNC sjw is bad for you???
spencer20yrsold

Ip/Isp 70.247.169.253
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"GNC sjw is bad for you???" , Sun 5 Mar 18:48

Whats this I hear about GNC brand having contaminant cadmium in it? I just bought a 200 capsules of GNC standardized too... Took my 1st pill today. Is GNC dangerous for you or what?

H2Obuffalo

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 202.28.48.5
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):GNC sjw is bad for you???" , Mon 13 Mar 23:20:

Hi Spencer-

The third-party test that you are referring to was done on the old GNC tablets. Some months ago GNC reformulated their standardized SJW product, and now it is in capsules. Although both the old and new product were/are standardized to hypericin, they are very different in my experience. The new product, like all other SJW capsules containing powder, does not work for me at all, whereas the old tablets worked great for me, the best of many, many brands that I have tried. Alas, it is no more (which may be a good thing if it was contaminated regularly). Whether the new product is better controlled for natural contamination with the toxic heavy metal cadmium is anybody's guess. However, GNC does not vouch that this product has been tested for purity, although they do vouch that some of their other supplements are third-party tested. If they have nothing to hide, then why don't they have this product tested and certified, too? Their customer service people on the phone and via e-mail sound really out of touch with the huge animal that is GNC. They don't seem to have any reliable knowledge on what's really going on, other than "everything GNC makes is good"... yeah right. I don't trust GNC anymore. At least many of the other supplement companies can really tell you specifically how their products are tested for purity.

Anyway, hope that helps, and best wishes.

-H2Obuffalo

[this message was edited by H2Obuffalo on Mon 13 Mar 23:24]

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.