Topic Title: Oct. 14, 2003: advertising has been removed
Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 207.34.103.194
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Oct. 14, 2003: advertising has been removed" , Tue 14 Oct 12:29

I have removed the banner/popup advertising from all pages on the SJWinfo.org website. I was finding that my advertising company was mostly just displaying non-paying ads anyway at least two-thirds of the time, and thus I felt it inappropriate to continue with their service. The small advertising revenue that was coming to me from this site used to just barely cover my cost of hosting... now, I will have to once again cover all costs myself.

As I am not rich, the hosting cost (about $100 per year) is yet another burden on my finances... I'm employed as an editor and now make significantly less income than I once did. While I have no plans to take down this site, as it seems so useful to many people, I would be open to receiving a small donation from a few people to help cover the cost of running this site.

Any amount will help. If someone out there is willing to donate between $10 and $100, I'll put your name prominently up on the site to say "thank-you". If you can help out with this (via PayPal), email me and I'll give you the details.

I don't want to make any money off this site (still!!) but I would appreciate any help you can offer to cover the costs.

Regards,
Kelly Martin

Silvergirl

Ip/Isp 24.69.255.236
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(9):Re(10):Re(10):answer a question - ask a" , Tue 28 Oct 21:47

I praise you also Kelly for all the work you've put into this site. I've just begun with trying out some of the suggestions here and will be truly thrilled if they help.
I'm more than pleased to help out a little with the 'situation' ~ just let me know where to send ~ prefer snail mail but not mandatory so whatever works best for you.

Blessed Be
From A Fellow Canuck in Vancouver

misch

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 202.139.47.2
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Oct. 14, 2003: advertising has been re" , Sun 26 Oct 21:08

Hi Kelly,

Just thought I'd let you know that I love your work and will gladly send you some bucks. I'll send you an email.

God Bless,

Misch

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 207.34.103.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"oops" , Mon 20 Oct 15:12

Well, it looks like removing *all* the ads will put me in violation of a contract I signed with my advertising company... and I would likely have to pay them some money back just to cancel the contract. Thus, I'll be re-adding ads to some (but not all) pages today, unfortunately. We'll be stuck with ads for the foreseeable future.

If a five or six people can donate $10 or $20 to help me cover the cost of hosting the site, I'll take another look at removing the ads again. There's no obligation of course, but a small donation would be most welcome and I'd make a note of your contribution somewhere on the site. Two years ago I earned much more money than I do now, and that's why I must plead for donations.

Regards,
Kelly Martin (Kelly's SJW pages)

Forager

Ip/Isp 199.212.150.16
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):oops" , Fri 7 Nov 14:02:

I too will gladly lend a little support to you Kelly for this site. It has gotten me through a hard time also, especially since where I currently live and work is very isolated, it's nice to "hear" from others around the country and the world.
Send me an address and will get a little coin to you to help out.
Take Care.
Forager

[this message was edited by Forager on Fri 7 Nov 14:03]

elizabethe

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 24.169.67.29
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):oops" , Thu 23 Oct 06:00

Kelly, I am willing to make a small donation through snail mail. Your site saved my sanity by bringing me together with others who also understood what I was experiencing when my family and friends did not. Let me know where to mail a donation.

elizabethe

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.