3rd day on HTP

Topic Title: 3rd day on HTP
sadgirl1

Ip/Isp 12.72.26.14
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"3rd day on HTP" , Tue 11 Apr 09:08

Well I seem to feel even more depressed after I take it. Also, I get naseous and I get this headache and fever. SJW wasnt working for me so I turned to this but this seems to be worse...so I don't know what to do.

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 66.130.161.238
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):3rd day on HTP" , Tue 11 Apr 10:31

Sadgirl1 please-please-please give it some time, I get the feeling you think all this stuff start working in a day or two. It doesn't Give it a few weeks at the very least, it takes a while to start working. In the meantime you're on the road to recovery (it just takes a little while), so why not try to spoil yourself and make the best of the waiting period?

Kelly

sadgirl1

Ip/Isp 12.72.23.167
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):3rd day on HTP" , Tue 11 Apr 12:29

well i really dont mind the waiting its just that i literally feel absolutely worse. like even more depressed and in pain, headaches, fever, nausea, so...i mean...thats not a good sign....

Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 66.130.161.238
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):3rd day on HTP" , Tue 11 Apr 23:15

No that's not a good sign but part of it might be anxiety from trying something new... and the depression itself. I haven't taken 5-HTP so I personally don't know a lot about it, but you can read through the messages here to find out what others have experienced in the first few days. But seriously you have to give any antidepressant 4-6 weeks to really be effective. The time you're going through will be worth it.

How long did you try SJW for? I remember you posted in another area about taking double the recommended dosage, this isn't a good idea. Hope you're taking the right about of 5-HTP. Can one of the other regulars here who have used 5-HTP offer some thoughts??

Kelly

Celeste

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 68.149.100.106
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):3rd day on HTP" , Wed 12 Apr 12:08

I have taken 50mg of 5-HTP twice a day before (regular capsules, not enteric coated–which don't seem to work for me), combined with Rhodiola rosea 150mg in the morning. Right now I am trying to take SJW again (I used it on its own before, but still had anxiety issues). So now I take about 400mg SJW morning and noon (tincture form), and ONLY 50mg 5-HTP before bedtime. I have also stopped the Rhodiola for now. It did give me good results, but I wanted to give SJW another shot, because several postings seem to express concerns about longer term effectiveness of both 5-HTP and Rhodiola.
So, to make the story short, between 50-150mg of 5-HTP has been an effective range for me (average built female) with moderate depression and GAD. Hope this helps!

pixybell

Ip/Isp 81.158.241.46
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):3rd day on HTP" , Thu 13 Apr 02:50

I took 5htp and valarian for around 4 months, I took the same amound as celeste two 50mg in the evening around 40 mins before bed time. I also took valarian in the liquid form at the same time this combination really worked for me.

I don't take it anymore due to the effects diminshed, I now use kira I hope this helps.

Takecare pixy x

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.