5htp and my sex drive

Topic Title: 5htp and my sex drive
Direlect

Ip/Isp 168.122.195.39
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"5htp and my sex drive" , Tue 21 Feb 20:02

I have been taking 100mg of 5htp for about 2-3 weeks..I think I'm feeling alot better, although I feel like my sex drive has faded a bit. It's very hard to gauge...are sexual side effects common with 5htp? Although I'm feeling better, I will most likely stop if this continues...or until I fully know for sure that this is affecting my sex drive.

Thanks.

Bach

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 129.79.205.140
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):5htp and my sex drive" , Fri 24 Feb 12:47

Increasing serotonin does lower sex drive. But you can try several things before giving up on 5-htp.

Try using ginkgo biloba (180-240mg/day). It increases bloodflow to the genital region, which is always good, but more importantly it'll increase bloodflow to the brain to increase alertness and overall function. A better working brain is the best for sex, since the brain is our largest sex organ.

You might want to try taking l-theanine, which is an amino acid (found in green tea) that calms, yet leaves you alert. It raises dopamine levels, which will increase sex drive.

Exercise is always good for boosting sex drive, since it tends to raise the levels of all your key neurotransmitters.

Direlect

Ip/Isp 168.122.195.39
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):5htp and my sex drive" , Fri 24 Feb 18:16

Thank you for the suggestions Bach..i stopped taking 5HTP for a little while because of it..coldturkey. Bad idea. I'll try your suggestions. Thanks

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.