Topic Title: 5-HTP and libido
peroxide

Ip/Isp 209.30.156.103
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"5-HTP and libido" , Fri 18 Nov 20:48

Hi there,

I took 5-HTP for years and quit taking it because it ruined my sex drive. I haven't taken it since April and my personality and life has changed dramatically. I used to be so happy go lucky, and could get rid of any negative thoughts very easily. Now I find I am easily depressed and angry a lot. I am not who I used to be. I reluctantly bought some 5-HTP again and took one tonight, hoping tomorrow I will feel better. But I am worried that my libido will suffer, when I was on it the even the thought of sex freaked me out. I know this may be too much information, but I am trading being depressed for something else. And today I decided that being happy is more important. Anyone experience a low sex drive with this?

Peri

Ip/Isp 65.71.70.25
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):5-HTP and libido" , Sat 17 Dec 15:05:

I was taking 5-HTP for depresson, and Rhodiola, as I'd read it might help with memory, for appx 1 1/2 yrs. Being as I went post meno at the ripe old age of 41 I had no libido whatsoever. Even hormones didn't help. After several months of using the Rhodiola I noticed a change in libido. As I continuted taking the Rhodiola I pretty much was thinking sex ALL the time. Got to be so strong that I stopped taking it. The libido went away. Started taking it again, back it came. I recall when I first heard about it on this board and started researching that it was considered a stimulant for male libido but it didn't say anything about female. I remember a male posting that he'd had a similar respones. Worth a shot. Also, I have NEVER likeed running as exercise. With the Rhodiola I loved running. Made me feel so good.

[this message was edited by Peri on Sat 17 Dec 15:07]

collegekid

Ip/Isp 24.74.142.234
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):5-HTP and libido" , Fri 3 Mar 05:19

I am also interested in taking it if you could tell me what brand worked for you?

H2Obuffalo

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 202.28.48.5
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):5-HTP and libido" , Tue 3 Jan 21:46

Hi Peri-

What brand of rhodiola did you take, and how much did you take each day? Thanks for any info.

-H2Obuffalo

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.