Frustrated and confused...please help! - http://www.sjwinfo.org Forums
      Home
      5-HTP
       Frustrated and confused...please help!

Topic Title: Frustrated and confused...please help!
orangeco96

Ip/Isp 69.138.194.48
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Thu 3 Nov 08:10

Am on day 6 of 200 mg 5HTP. So far only adverse reactions: intense headaches, ongoing depression and anxiety, no decrease in appetite. I am very confused about the headache; as I understand this med is supposed to HELP headaches...how could it cause them? I really don't know what to do. Should I stop taking it? Decrease the dose? Increase it? Add something else, like SJW?Wait it out? I was planning to continue taking this dose for 2 weeks before making any decisions, but the headaches are so bad and I'm still so depressed ...any feedback or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

orlando

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 193.95.235.202
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Thu 17 Nov 14:53

Try to add L-Tyrosine or DL-phenylalanine (small amount of it if anxiety is an issue) to the 5-HTP. B complex is also suggested.

Michael Murray in his book "5-HTP : The Natural Way to Overcome Depression, Obesity, and Insomnia" (p.78-79) explained that the antidepressant benefits of 5-HTP wore off after a few weeks in certain patients.

Giving the patients precursors L-Tyrosine or phenylalanine restored the effect of 5-HTP. Those two substances also improved the mood of the patients when given alone.

PENELOPEBLUBOO

Ip/Isp 68.220.55.50
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Sun 6 Nov 09:40

I STARTED TAKING 5HTP 2 MONTHS AGO .YOU MAKE BE TAKING TO MUCH. I STARTED OFF WITH 50MG 3TIMES ADAY .I FEEL SO GOOD .AND I HAVE TAKEN PROZAC .ZOLEFT.ABOUT EVERYTHING. .I AM ALSO LOSING WEIGHT .I REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE WEIGHT .BUT IF I CAN LOSE A FEW POUNDS IT MAKES ME HAPPY.LOWER YOUR DOSE .I ALSO TAKE SJW WITH IT.YOU CAN ALSO GET GOOD BRANDS OFF EBAY AND AT YOUR GNC STORES

mimismum

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 84.67.7.71
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Wed 22 Mar 05:34

hi
does the 5htp make you feel tired?

mimismum x

orangeco96

Ip/Isp 69.138.194.48
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Mon 7 Nov 17:19

Thank you for your response. This does not seem to be a very active board, unfortunately. The dose I took was based on researching the recommended dosage for alleviating depresion (150mg) as well as that for losing weight (300mg). Since I primarily want to treat my depression but also need to lose about 15 lbs, I figured 200mg was a good middle ground. Oh well...I'm thinking about combining it w/ SJW. What dosage do you take of that?

penelopebluboo

Ip/Isp 208.63.245.176
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Mon 7 Nov 19:25

HI I TAKE 100MG THREE TIMES A DAY .I HAVE BEEN TAKING SJW.BUT IM THINKING OF JUST GOING WITH THE FISH OIL AND 5HTP. I DO TAKE SJW TOO .BUT I THINK IM GOING TO STOP IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE IM BURNING UP.THE 5HTP HAS BEEN A BLESSING FOR ME.THIS IS A GOOD SITE .THIS IS WERE I FOUND OUT ABOUT 5HTP. I JUST SIT AND READ TO TRY TO FIND OUT WHAT I NEED TO KNOW

PENELOPEBLUBOO

Ip/Isp 208.63.245.176
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Mon 7 Nov 19:31

DONT TAKE IT ALL AT ONE TIME .I TAKE MINE MORNING .NOON .AND NITE.I HAD A STORKE 2 YEARS AGO WHILE AT WORK NEVER SEEN IT COMING .WAS VERY DEPRESSEDTHAT WAS FEB15 AND ON MARCH1 MY MOTHER DIED WE WERE NOT SPEAKING .IWAS SO DEPRESSED I HAVENT BEEN OUT .NOW YOU CANT KEEP ME IN.THIS STUFF IS BETTER THAN PROZAC.BUT ITS NOT FOR EVERY ONE.

D_alien

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 203.166.63.4
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):Frustrated and confused...please help!" , Mon 7 Nov 22:16

I think it is quite an active board, just not that many people post up on 5-HTP. I've tried it, but I wouldn't recommend it based on my experience- severe stomach upset! :( But I believe you are supposed to start with a low dose, and build up. As the previous posts suggest 200 mg may be too much to start with. I was only taking 50mg! Good luck.

For fast effective profit own a drug company.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.