hurled

Ip/Isp 152.62.82.194
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Please help" , Thu 13 Oct 05:37

Hi All
I really need your advice These are my previous post's
I posted last week about my experience with 5-htp and how my dose of 50 mg a day for the last four month's has popped out and I started to feel my anxiety coming back again .Resulting in a panic attack in work. I increase the dose in the last few days to 50 in the morning and 50 in the evening and to-day my panic attack was more severe. I had to lock my self in the toilet in work and take 2 1/2 xanax tabs to relax the panic attack. I need help with the dose do I keep to the current dose wait and see or up the dose again to say 150mg or to 200mg.Please please let us know if you have any advice or experince.Thanks everyone! .I upped my dose to 150mg for the last week still not getting any relive like I did with the original dose of 50mg.I still fell lots of anxiety all day long even when I am setting at home watch the TV. I wake up every day now dreading the day because of the anxiety. The last few days I started taking 200mg a day spaced out between meals and I stared to get stomach cramps and still I have the anxiety. My question is at 50 mg for four months I felt the best I ever did at the increase dose of 150 to 200 mg I feel like the way I did before I took the 5-htp.Come on guy's i really need some one to give me some advice!

H2Obuffalo

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 202.28.48.6
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Please help" , Sat 15 Oct 00:07

Hi Hurled-

Here's just a thought. Are you sure you don't need a SMALLER rather than a larger dose? I know 50mg is a standard dose on common 5-HTP bottles, however 50mg is counterproductive for me and some other people. I take only half a capsule (25mg) a day, a little while before bedtime. This improves my sleep quality and that in turn always improves things during the daytime. If I take 50mg I tend to get uncharacteristically agitated, irritable, and hot-tempered. But without any 5-HTP, I definitely don't sleep as well. By the way, I also take many other supplements every day, like a full dose of SJW, sublingual B-complex (very small dose), quality fish oil, and various other things, so I'm sure there is some interaction or overlap. Anyway, something to think about. Hope it might help.

-H2Obuffalo

LaurieLu

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 12.176.254.92
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Please help" , Fri 14 Oct 07:06

Have you considered the fact that 5-HTP might NOT be the right supplement for your anxiety and/or depression? If your symptoms are getting worse with higher doses, then I'd think this is not something that is helping you. Have you thought about trying something different like St. Johns Wort or SAMe?

HURLED

Ip/Isp 152.62.82.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Please help" , Thu 20 Oct 11:34

Thanks both H20buffalo and Laurie lu.I have had a couple of rough days but I am getting better thank god. I am not taking anything at the moment. The higher dose just didn't do any thing for me but make me worse.50mg for four months was the best ever but I reckon my body need a break from it. My main problem is anxiety which weakens me to depression. If I can come to terms with the anxiety the depression will stay away. I am going to take a different approach than meds because they only mask the feelings of anxiety and not getting to the root cause of the problem

Celeste

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 68.149.100.106
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Please help" , Thu 20 Oct 22:54

Hi: I too took 50mg of 5-HTP for a while with good results. After trying it again after the birth of my second child, it just didn't work the same anymore. For a while I took 150mg and the anxiety became worse. Then I reduced it to 50mg again and started taking it with a low dose of SJW. A little better but not great. Finally, I stopped the 5-HTP and took the full dose of SJW. Have been doing that for about three weeks and do feel a lot better both anxiety and depression wise.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.