Topic Title: increase dose
hurled

Ip/Isp 152.62.82.194
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"increase dose" , Thu 29 Sep 03:41

Hi All
I have been taken 5-htp for the past three months 50 mg in the mornings every day and I have been really doing well all my anxiety and depression disappeared within 20 minutes of taken the product. In the last few weeks I can feel it coming back again not being able to sleep and my mind panicking over nothing! This morning in work walking down the hall in work I felt a major panic attack coming on my legs went weak and my hands started to shake. I had to take time out of work and take a calmer and the way I am feeling at the moment I need an other couple before the day is out. In the last four days I increased from 50mg a day to half the tablet and taking 25 mg before I go to bed which was helping me to sleep. For the fist couple of days I felt a bit on edge and also spaced out from the increased dose. I didn't take the extra 25mg last night and to-day I got a panic attack. My question is to I need to increase the dose to 75 mg a day or more or is it the increased dose that's is making me like this. If you have any experience of this please pass on your information

LaurieLu

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 12.176.254.22
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):increase dose" , Thu 29 Sep 20:58

I've been taking 100mg HTP twice a day for the last year. The last few months my depression has come back and I worry about everything. Your low dose might be 'pooping out'. I think my dose is doing the same thing. I've recently began supplementing my 5-HTP with St. John's Wort with decent results.

Celeste

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 68.149.100.106
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):increase dose" , Sat 1 Oct 14:01

Hi LaurieLu: I am also combining SJW with 5-HTP. This is the second time I try 5-HTP, and it is not working as well as it did when I first took it about three years ago. I have been taking 1 capsule SJW (Flora brand 430mg) and 50mg 5-HTP a day for the past six weeks. It seems like I have two good days a week, and the rest are quite bad: mood swings, anger, anxiety, fatigue, low motivation, unfocused. I am thinking of increasing the SJW. My question to you is: how much SJW are you taking, do you take it all at once or throughout the day, and do you take it together with the 5-HTP or separately. Have you ever tried SAM-e? This is the only one I have avoided due to the cost. Thanks!

LaurieLu

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 12.176.254.135
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):increase dose" , Tue 4 Oct 20:24

I take one SJW three times a day. I take the 5-HTP with breakfast and right before bedtime. I take the two drugs together.

hurled

Ip/Isp 152.62.82.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):increase dose" , Fri 30 Sep 00:56

Thanks Laurielu
For sharing your information with me!I going to increase the dose to 100mg a day and hope that works anyone one else that has more information please pass it on.Thanks!

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.