Topic Title: Success with L-Tryptophan
maussie

Ip/Isp 203.46.67.66
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Success with L-Tryptophan" , Sun 14 Aug 21:00

Hey everybody

Just want to post my experience as it may help some of ya!

I've been on Effexor XR for the past 2 years. Have tried MANY other natural things for depression including SJW, 5HTP but Effexor was the only thing that really helped.

Over the past 4 months I tried L-Tryptophan as I wanted to wean off Effexor due to side effects. After seeking medical advice I used L-Tryptophan and Effexor together and slowly tapered off the Effexor over that time. I am now completely off Effexor and on 500 mg L-Tryptophan and it is wonderful! I am confident, stable, ready to take on the world and not depressed at all. I am so happy to be off Effexor as well and never really imagined I would be able to do this.

Good luck with whatever helps you. Just wanted to share as I know how much depression SUCKS!

happy_camper

Ip/Isp 69.234.196.230
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Success with L-Tryptophan" , Mon 19 Sep 13:22

That's terrific! What brands have you been having success with?

D_alien

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 203.166.63.4
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Success with L-Tryptophan" , Fri 23 Sep 21:13

Hi. I think the brand is called FTH Nutraceuticals- it's pharmaceutical grade. Actually now it's been about 3 weeks since I've stopped taking it and I haven't really noticed much difference at all, if any... so not sure if a) it's corrected some problem, or b) it wasn't actually the L-Tryptophan that was doing anything!
One thing I do notice is that I have a bit more trouble getting to sleep- not insomnia by any means, but it just seems to take a little longer sometimes.

Anyway, hope that helps.

For fast effective profit own a drug company.

D_alien

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 210.80.171.23
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Success with L-Tryptophan" , Sat 3 Sep 23:59

Good to hear. I too have been taking it for some time now, along with SJW mainly for anxiety. I think it's definitely helped me but I'm now cutting down on it as it's just getting too expensive taking 3 g per day (at $70 USD per 100g)

D_alien

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 210.80.171.23
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Success with L-Tryptophan" , Sun 4 Sep 00:00

Wow, just re-read your post and realised how little you're taking!
When I first started I was taking 500mg and it did nothing for me, until I increased to about 3g!

happy_camper

Ip/Isp 69.234.226.38
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Success with L-Tryptophan" , Thu 6 Oct 11:52

Hi,
I just started 1 g of tryptophan 1 week ago, and the effects are still inconsistent. It actually makes me feel more wired, thus taking before bed is not the best strategy. Other times I feel kind of spacy, strange, and unable to focus. I do remember that conventional SSRIs took awhile to "kick in," so I'm wondering if this is the same. Any advice would be great!

other meds: 1 g Omega 3s, 2 B multivitamins, 300 mg SJW, and 50 5htp.

D_alien

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 130.194.13.106
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):Success with L-Tryptophan" , Thu 13 Oct 07:26

Yes, I did get that buzzy 'wired' feeling but found it passed fairly quickly and I starting getting really good sleep, and getting to sleep very quickly. I read that taking shortly before bed it gets converted to melatonin rather than serotonin so helps more with sleep, but this may be wrong...BTW you might add inositol into the equation. Apparently it helps regulate the effectiveness of serotonin, and goes well with B vits.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.