Topic Title: Supplement Brands Inspection
petite

Ip/Isp 70.82.77.244
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Supplement Brands Inspection" , Wed 16 Nov 13:51

My take on SAM-e as anti-depressive:

When I tried SAM-e alone, I started at 400mg a day but felt some anxiety, I tried then to increase to 800mg one day thinking it would help but got a very bad case of anxiety right that morning so I stopped completely and returned 4 bottles I had ordered.

Decided on Saint John's Wort since it takes care of the anxiety so started taking 900mg at bedtime. After 3 weeks on SJW I restarted on a daily dose of 400mg SAM-e in the morning and continue to take it after 2 weeks, both supplements.

In my case sam-e helps if I've been taking SJW for a while and continue to take it so that anxiety is avoided. SAM-e gives me the kick I need to get things done and the day started and sjw is there to take care of the anxiety problem. I have to be careful increasing the dosage of SAM-e so I don't get overstimulated.

On my decaf days (only decaf drinks) I feel less the stimulating effect but the supplement takes care of the highs and lows whereas caffeine doesn't.

I reserve coffee drinks for the mornings of physical activities or gym days with decaf days in between. Exercising gives me the relief I need but unfortunately it's not a lasting effect - if only you could bottle the endorphine kick or whatever it is you get from physical workouts..

Now my concern is the brand quality because to me it was noticeable switching from quest to natural factors (I'm in Canada) - with quest I could feel the stimulation but those were the first sam-e pills I took so I guess by now I got used to it. Is there anyone or any company that is devoted in supervising the quality of supplement brands? Natural Factors is $ 7 less than Quest although the supplement was imported from Italy.

Appetite dropped somewhat too - but you gotta be careful, it's more mind stimulating than physical, it could drive you up the walls with anxiety.

londoner

Ip/Isp 84.12.168.156
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Supplement Brands Inspection" , Thu 17 Nov 05:47:

Hi Petite,
I have had mixed results with Sam-e (see my post on asthma!)I found it helped a bit at high doses but didn't experience the anxiety you did.

A company I know of called Conumer Lab -Consumerlab.com independently test vitamins for purity and active ingredients. The Nature Made brand seems to be consistently good I have heard. You need to join the site to see all the results though.

I know what you mean about bottling the endorphin high from exercise that would be just perfect!

Londoner

[this message was edited by londoner on Thu 17 Nov 05:48]

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.