Topic Title: Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals
Believe

Ip/Isp 70.146.138.39
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals" , Sun 9 Apr 09:57

Hello -

I just found this site thru some wonderful help on another and am hoping someone can give me some reassurance :(

I went on a form of St. John's Wort over a month ago for some mild depression and nearly instantly into taking it, had days where I was nauseous constantly. I mean...HORRIBLE nausea and stomach pains. It was weird though - it didn't last constantly but would just hit at random times or with certain things. SOme days it would be all night long, others it would be off/on.Sometimes what I ate triggered it quickly(milk seemed to be a big one). I always took it with something light to eat too and it never was just after I took it...
I really didn't think much of it at first thinking maybe I just have a bug since it seemed too soon. I was feeling MUCH better taking SJW for my mild depression, but feeling so ill. That then turned into messing up my stomach to the point of horrible digestive issues/constipation/cramping etc.along with the nausea. I finally went to see one of my new docs who told me to get off immediately and that she didn't believe in it :( (at this point I had been on it for over a month) and not really thinking about it, just went home and stopped taking it like she said ( no weaing etc). 3 days after I stopped it only worsened - horribly :( It has now been over a week ago that I stopped cold turkey (I am now thinking I shouldn't have done that and am wondering why she told me to??) and it has been one terrible week....my symptoms only magnified and I panicked. Truly it didn't occur to me that this could be withdrawal symptoms until yesterday when I just started crying for no reason - most of the day!! - I just thought something must be terribly wrong with my body (allergy or something) or it is something I have been eating since I have heard that SJW is "harmless" and won't produce withdrawals like other drugs. Has anyone else had trouble with SJW while taking it - really messing up their tummy and gastro issues - or a similar experience both during and after?? Same with going off of it?? Any withdrawal stories?
I truly need to know I am not losing it here or need to look elsewhere for what is going on - TIA!

Believe

Ip/Isp 72.150.111.237
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals" , Sun 9 Apr 18:10

thank you so much - that makes me feel worlds better! I think just knowing it isn't just something crazy going on is HUGE. I will look into another brand too. I really felt better with my depression - it felt like a huge cloud lifted after only a week or so and I was amazed. Thank you again - I feel much better reading your posts :) Does anyone know how long withdrawal symptoms typically last when they do happen(I took it a little over a month).

alex666

Ip/Isp 212.224.150.121
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals" , Sun 9 Apr 12:12

Well I suffered from constipation too, been taking it for 2 weeks. Went to the doctor and he said u can continue till ur out of depression a little and then stop taking it. I felt after 2 weeks i was lifted out of my depression quite well, took one pill 425mg and the effect started to stabilize so i stopped. The constipation also seems to go away. Now u mention it i also have a little backpain, didn't seem to link that to SJW.

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals" , Sun 9 Apr 11:56

Hiya,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time right now, I took a brand of sjw that really didn't agree with me, it gave me awful stomach cramps and a back ache that felt like I had kidney problems. I came on this site and read a number of postings and decided to switch brands. I stopped taking the healthfood shop brand and switched to kira that most on here seemed to discuss with little side effects.

I had no stomach cramps, no nausea and no back ache. I have been taking kira now over 2 months, I can't say I have found a miricle cure but it does help and I'm optimistic. I cannot comment on the withdrawal symptoms from sjw because I literally only lasted just over 2 weeks with the other brand and switched without a break. I hope you feel better soon, takecare pixy x

samantha47

Ip/Isp 24.49.152.96
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals" , Sun 9 Apr 10:18

Hi,
So sorry that you are feeling so awful. Just wanted to say that I do not think that you are "losing it" and that you shouldn't despair - this will pass. While most people do not seem to experience withdrawal symptoms from sjw, I don't see why it is not possible that some others can experience painful dicontinuation syndromes. I am one of them - I have taken sjw on and off for years and have had very mixed results. But almost everytime after stopping the herb, I suffer through weird withdrawals (feeling overly emotional, crying, feeling unusually tired, having nausea, backache, etc. etc.). But I too have almost always stopped cold-turkey instead of weaning which probably contributes to this withdrawal phenomenon. Maybe you should take a small dose of sjw every couple of days for a week or two to see if that helps.....As far as my experience goes, I did not have insight as to what was going on the first couple of times that I experienced sjw withdrawal because I did not regard sjw as a very powerful substance so I just suffered through it blindly until it eventually went away.

But the good news is that the symptoms do eventually go away. For me it always seemed to take quite a while before I felt like myself again but everybody is different and you may be free of your withdrawal symptoms in a few days or weeks. In the meantime, just take good care of yourself and be patient. All the best, samanta
p.s. I have found that ginger-root capsules help quite a bit with the sjw-induced nausea.

marklar

Ip/Isp 83.100.211.142
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals" , Sun 9 Apr 12:11

I would say try a different brand. I took the same one as Pixy at first and had the same side effects as her. I have now switched brands and im having much less trouble with the side effects.
I hope a different brand works for you.

poohgrl

Ip/Isp 65.189.46.179
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Plz Help - SJW Probs/Withdrawals" , Sun 9 Apr 21:04

The only problem I have had so far with SJW is dry mouth. I take a low dose and it works good for me. Nowhere near the SSRI mess I was in for almost 2 weeks. Dr. said to stay on it and I said no way.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.