holland and barrett

Topic Title: holland and barrett
andrew_daniel01

Ip/Isp 81.129.7.241
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"holland and barrett" , Mon 13 Feb 03:24

has anyone ever tried the holland and barrett st johns wort brand and if so what did they think of it, I have found that to take all 3 at nite makes me sleep within an hr tho I am now tying the kira all in one brand, anyone with any opinion on which is the best - thank u.

pixybell

Ip/Isp 86.130.146.133
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):holland and barrett" , Fri 17 Feb 05:29

Hiya,

I've just started taking the holland&barrett brand too I'll let you know how I get on.

Pixy xx

andrew_daniel01

Ip/Isp 86.136.159.107
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):holland and barrett" , Fri 17 Feb 06:05

thank u pixy bell

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):holland and barrett" , Sun 19 Feb 11:16

Hi andrew,

I have stopped taking the sjw as I got bad stomach pains and I also got back ache. I have gone back to the 5htp as I didn't have any stomach ache with that. I hope the brand works for you, takecare.

Pixy xx

marklar

Ip/Isp 83.100.183.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):holland and barrett" , Mon 20 Feb 07:25

Pixy

Im 10 days in and having awful back pain! From bottom upwards. Is this similar to what you have/had? How long did it take to stop after you stopped SJW?

Thanks
Mark

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):holland and barrett" , Mon 20 Feb 07:35:

Hiya marklar,

Yes thats exactly how it felt, at first I thought it might be my kidneys I also got really bad stomach ache like cramps. The next night I took nothing and the following night I seemed fine, I'm asuming it was the sjw as when I took the 5htp I didn't have any problems with back ache or stomach cramps.

I'm back on the 5htp now and fingers crossed it will be ok.

Pixy xx

[this message was edited by pixybell on Mon 20 Feb 07:45]

marklar

Ip/Isp 83.100.183.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(6):holland and barrett" , Mon 20 Feb 07:43

Pixy

I thought it was kidneys too! Think i will have a break from the SJW and see if it stops then - it been really painful today! How does the 5-htp work ive not read much about it yet?

Thanks,
Mark

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(7):holland and barrett" , Mon 20 Feb 13:46

Hiya marklar,

I feel ok now I've stopped the sjw I can only assume it was that but it really did give me the most horrible back pains just like I had a kidney infection.

I take holland & barratts own brand of 5htp but I really would like to try the natures way brand as alot of posts on here recommend that one. For the first 3 months it was great, I slept much better (without prescription drugs) and my mood lifted, even work noticed how uplifted I was. I also go the gym a few times a week and take a 'super one' vitamin tablet from holland & barratt if you go in and have a chat with them their really nice and can recommend which they think would help. However, I know the stigma attached to being depressed,low and generally unhappy, so if your not comfy with going in a store and asking for advice they have a phone line too so nobody can actually see you!!!.
I have now gone back on the 5htp from holland & barratt until I can order some natures way from the net. I hope you feel better soon as I don't wish that horrible back ache on anyone!!!.

Takecare pixy xx

marklar

Ip/Isp 83.100.183.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(8):holland and barrett" , Mon 20 Feb 17:16

Hi Pixy

thanks for the reply. Im hoping it will go too - i cant believe how awful it is, im feeling quite sick too. I will go to holland and barrat and try their 5-htp then. Do you just take it at night-time then?

Its nice to be sharing experiences with someone else.

Take care,
Mark

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(9):holland and barrett" , Tue 21 Feb 07:46

Hiya mark,

Yes I take mine not long before bed,I would say around 40 mins before I want to start settling down. For me it has really helped as I was addicted to sleeping tablets for years and now I am prescription free. I won't lie I have bad nights but the good ones are proper sleep and not narcotic induced. The 5htp helped lighten my moods and help with the sleeping, I do believe the gym really helps too I try to go a couple of times a week and this really helps lift my mood.
I have good and bad days but this is better than being on prescription antipressants and sleeping tablets and you are so right its nice to talk to someone with similar problems!!.

Takecare love pixy xx

marklar

Ip/Isp 83.100.183.194
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(7):holland and barrett" , Mon 20 Feb 08:13

pixy

which brand of 5-htp do you use?

andrew_daniel01

Ip/Isp 86.139.67.223
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):holland and barrett" , Sun 19 Feb 12:59

i was considering switching from st johns to 5htp how did u find it and how long did it take to help ?

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):holland and barrett" , Mon 20 Feb 07:40

Hiya andrew,

I was origionally taking 5htp but after nearly 3months it seemed to loose its potency and I got a little disheartened. However I have heard that different brands have different effects so I'm going to try natures way as most postings I've read this is the one they all talk about. I've been taking holland and barratts own brand and at first it was fantastic I felt great the best I've felt for a while. I'm hoping that a new brand might help, swapping back from sjw seemed fine I just took a couple of days off and then went back on the 5htp. Hope it works for you.
Pixy xx

marklar

Ip/Isp 212.50.187.80
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):holland and barrett" , Wed 15 Feb 13:50

Hi

Im not sure which is best myself but i have just started taking the Holland and Barrat brand too.

andrew_daniel01

Ip/Isp 86.136.159.107
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):holland and barrett" , Fri 17 Feb 06:08

thank u marklar btw did u try ssri's before st johns

andrew_daniel01

Ip/Isp 86.136.159.107
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):holland and barrett" , Fri 17 Feb 06:09

thank u demi did u try ssri's before st johns ?

pixybell

Ip/Isp 62.255.32.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):holland and barrett" , Fri 17 Feb 14:34

Hiya andrew,

I had been on anti-depressants for years and sleeping tablets before finally admitting I needed try something that wasn't giving me that false sense of being. I had been on prozac and a few others the last one being an old type called lofepramine along with zopiclone sleeping tablets. I came to a point where I was just taking them and my sleeping was still very erratic after 5 years off taking them I decided enough was enough and I detoxed myself off them.
It was the hardest thing of my life, I still don't sleep that well and tried accupuncture and 5htp, it worked for the first few months and then the effect lessened and I started to go back to not sleeping and waking up 4-5 times a night. I am now trying sjw to see if that will help any I am also doing yoga with a bit of relaxation. I hope that this will all help and well it keeps me occupied!!.

I hope your well and that the sjw works for you too. Pixy xx

marklar

Ip/Isp 83.100.238.221
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):holland and barrett" , Fri 17 Feb 14:18:

I have never used synthetic antidepressants prescribed. I dont feel that i have severe depression but if it does worsen or SJW dosent work i think i may have to try them. I have heard conflicting opinion on them so its hard to judge. After looking at discussions relevant to depression and SJW i think there is no definitive answer to what will be succesful for you or not so, i guess this is due to the complexity of our wonderful minds that all differ!

Im going to stick with the SJW for now anyway and im making real effort to visit the gym more, i went a couple of days ago and it made me feel great! Especially when you work yourself hard.

I also take herbal sleeping tablets and they really, really seem to help and in particular they seem to have worked even more effectively with SJW. I use the Tesco brand 'sleep aid' ones and they help me get a much less restless nights sleep.

[this message was edited by marklar on Fri 17 Feb 14:25]

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.