HBC Protocols brand and negative experience

Topic Title: HBC Protocols brand and negative experience
Lady Raven

Ip/Isp 205.188.116.12
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"HBC Protocols brand and negative experience" , Sun 15 Jan 05:00

Good morning everyone: Just thought I'd write a post on the board about my experience with HBC Protocols. I have been on SJW for a total of 5 months now and have noticed a vast improvement in my moderate depression. I started out taking the WalMart Spring Valley inexpensive brand just to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised by the good results I achieved with 900 milligrams a day. After 3 months I thought I noticed it starting to lose its effect. (More bad days especially with PMS). At that point I started searching for a perhaps more potent brand such as Kira, Perika or HBC Protocols that might help prevent the breakthrough bad days. Three weeks ago I tried the HBC and quickly noticed its increases potentcy--but not in a good way. I became agitated, irritable, flew off the handle frequently, cried alot and then would start laughing for no apparent reason. I tried to continue with it to see if my body was just "adjusting". Well, several days ago I found myself sitting on my couch alone after putting my children to bed contemplating suicide. I was more depressed than I had ever been and there was no obvious reason other than the switch in brands. As it has been stated before with some people the hyperforin rich content of some research grade brands might be too much for some people. I guess I'm one of them. I stopped taking the HBC after almost drinking myself to death to numb myself and I'm only now feeling well enough to share my experience. My husband has been extremely supportive and I am now back on the Spring Valley brand and feel calmer and more stable. I wanted to post this message to let people know that sometimes stronger brands are not always better for everyone. I do believe they work wonders for some people but not all. Thank you all for listening to my experience and for the valuable insight and support most everyone lends to each other on this board. Stay healthy, good luck and God bless. Raven

shrek

Ip/Isp 218.146.172.149
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):HBC Protocols brand and negative experi" , Sun 15 Jan 21:37

Wow...I had the exact same experience with HBC St. John's wort a few months ago...it was my first time with SJW, and i felt terrible...extremely agitated, nervous, very foggy mind...and this was only one pill a day...I had planned on taking 3 a day, but I couldn't...I've never had side effects from a supplement before...I used to take 5-htp but its positive effects have worn off...Anyways, I stuck with it for 3 weeks and I couldn't take it anymore....so I stopped...I felt like myself about 4 days later...Now you've given me some hope...Maybe it was just the brand...I'm going to try Perika and see if it's any different...i hope so...

Lady Raven

Ip/Isp 152.163.100.74
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):HBC Protocols brand and negative experi" , Mon 16 Jan 04:46

Hi Shrek: I have to say although I am sorry that you all had a negative experience with HBC it makes me feel better that it wasn't just me that had a weird reaction to this brand. At one point while I was taking it I thought I had seriously lost my mind. Like ravengrrrl had suggested I even tried to first lower my dosage then increase when there was no change in my reactions to it. After the increase to 1200 milligrams is when I really took a turn for the worse. Very scary feeling! I definitely am an advocate for trying different brands to see which one works best for you. For me personally, a milder version seems to be better but everyone responds differently. Let us know when you find something that's right for you. Sharing experiences helps everyone. Take care, Raven

Lady Raven

Ip/Isp 205.188.116.12
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):HBC Protocols brand and negative experi" , Sun 15 Jan 07:42

Amen to that! Thanks for writing back Samantha. Good luck with finding a brand that works for you....Raven

samantha47

Ip/Isp 68.232.44.213
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):HBC Protocols brand and negative experi" , Sun 15 Jan 07:20

Dear Raven,
I'm so sorry that you had such an upleasant experience. I have to tell you though, I'm a little bit relieved that I'm not the only one who had a dramatic reaction to this brand SJW - I have read almost nothing but positive, wonderful reviews of the HBC protocols and have had moments where I wondered if it wasn't really the high-hyperforin, research grade formulation that made me crazy but instead just me making excuses for what I didn't want to acknoweldge as my inherent problems.
While I do think that I have some sort of underlying depression, I have never been a particularly moody or agitated person - I've always been pretty laid back. That is, until you get some HBC protocols sjw in my system! I have taken this brand on and off over the last several years becuase I actually had a very positive experience with it many years ago. It must have been a fluke though because I have tried to reproduce the effect on several different occasions and it was a complete disaster every time. I become very nervous (had my first-ever panic attack after starting this stuff), hyper, overly-sensitive, and just "revved." The worst symptom though was the agitation - everything got on my nerves and I snapped at my family and felt horribly pissy. I know that these symptoms might have resolved themselves if I had been able to persevere for 6-8 weeks while my body adjusted, but I was never able to do that because my moods were just intolerable.
I am now experimenting with milder forms of sjw and hoping to find a brand that I can tolerate so that I don't have to resort to syntheic drugs. Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience and I, like you, am not trying to bash this brand or company - I know that HBC protocols has worked wonders for some people. I just think people should be aware that high-hyperforin brands may not be for everybody and some people have very negative reactions to hyperforin - it is a very powerful chemical compound! Best of luck to all of us in finding relief from our depression/anxiety/etc! samantha

Ravengrrrl

Ip/Isp 12.219.246.186
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):HBC Protocols brand and negative experi" , Sun 15 Jan 09:37

I'm taking a brand called Nature's Way. Just wanted to let you know that I had an interesting experience with my SJW where, when taking 900 mg for only 6 days, I also became agitated, sweaty, and tight-jawed. I have tendencies mostly towards depression, but often experience short manic episodes. Because I'm so cautious of becoming manic, I was very alert to these symptoms.

I dropped down to 600 mg and all the agitation and fuzziness went away and I instead became extremely functional. (side note - I just this week had a bad experience where I dropped deeply back into my depression for several days, said some extremely cruel things to my husband, and generally wreaked havoc in my life - all in a desperate effort to "burn-my-bridges" and force suicide to be my only option)

I kept with the 600 mg of SJW, kept up with my vitamins and other supplements, revived my yoga and other exercising, and read more than ever (I'm lucky that I have seasonal work and this is my season off - so I can devote a lot of my day to myself). Even though I felt at the bottom of the world, I'm now back to being functional again (but realing a bit from my actions and my poor husband is a little withdrawn from me).

Once again - here's my point - although 600 mg has not magically cured me, I still know that it is working and benefitting me and (most importantly) 900 mg was not healthy for me.

I understand that, with hyperforin, the HBC might not be suitable for you, but maybe, if you can, you could consider dropping your dosage a bit and seeing how that worked. The change in mood happened immediately after I went from 900 down to 600 mg.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.