positive outcome at week 6

Topic Title: positive outcome at week 6
revkat

Ip/Isp 69.233.10.20
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"positive outcome at week 6" , Mon 3 Oct 10:26

I have been on several different anti-depressants over the past 12 years due to dsythmia and occasional more major depressive episodes. This summer I weaned off of the latest (Wellbutrin) because I was in a less stressful life situation and wanted to see how things would go (plus I had trouble getting to sleep on the Wellbutrin the whole time I was on it).

Things did not go so well, so I decided to try St. John's Wort before going back on a prescription AD. It took a good 4-5 weeks, but my mood and energy leve has lifted significantly in the past two weeks. I started with SJW and 5-HTP, but dropped the 5-HTP due to significant nausea. I have been taking Perika and HBC. The first few weeks I was very, very tired, but that seems to be fading. I am very pleased with the mood improvement, but am still wondering if it is enough, I also struggle with obsessive thoughts and they don't seem improved. Still, this is as good as Wellbutrin or Celexa was.

So, long message, but I want to encourage folks to hang in there. They say it takes up to 4-6 weeks to work and it can. If you don't feel better at week two that doesn't mean SJW won't work for you.

Thanks also to Kelly for this site and the regular posters for their messages, I kept coming back while I waited for it to kick in just to know that other people were out there!

liz358

Ip/Isp 68.1.223.213
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):positive outcome at week 6" , Mon 3 Oct 20:46

Hi,

Glad to hear that things have improved for you. Did Perika ever affect your sleep? I am currently on the spring valley st. john's wart and I still have problems sleeping (have taken it for 15 days). I don't know if I should switch to Perika or Kira? where do you get your perika from online or store and if online what website do you use?
Thanks,
Liz

revkat

Ip/Isp 69.233.10.20
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):positive outcome at week 6" , Tue 4 Oct 09:10

Liz,

I am sleeping better. For me the change is in ease of falling asleep and in feeling more rested when I wake up. I've never had the early rising that can be a symptom of depression. I hope things improve for you, from my experience the only advice I have is give it time, it really took a full 4-5 weeks for me which surprised me because I responded to Paxil in just a few days when I was on it years ago. I haven't ordered Perika online but others have so maybe someone else will respond to that.

FMacKay

Ip/Isp 209.206.229.125
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):positive outcome at week 6" , Mon 3 Oct 17:27

Glad you're doing well. You mention you were taking Perika and HBC. Are you taking them at the same time, or did you take one and switch to the other?

revkat

Ip/Isp 69.233.10.20
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):positive outcome at week 6" , Tue 4 Oct 08:25

I started with Perika because I could get it locally. Then at about 3 weeks I was getting discouraged and decided to try HBC. Then I had a bout of some stomach thing and wondered if it was the HBC (now I think it was probably from a bad burger, ugh). So I have been taking the Perika in the morning and the HBC at night (for no real reason other than that some people have mentioned finding the Perika more "energizing" than other brands). I'm not sure what I will do when these bottles run out. For some reason I like the feel and smell of the Perika better, but that seems a silly reason to choose one or the other! Since I have more HBC I will probably go to it alone for a while and see how it goes. I have also been taking a B-complex and since HBC makes a combination it would certainly be easier to just take it.

Still feeling better!!

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.