Savion

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 202.89.175.209
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Fri 27 May 20:31

Hi,

I have had S.A.D. for most of my life, I am 23 now. Four weeks ago I started taking Amoryn and Seredyn. Btw I have never taken any prescription drugs (wouldve been too uncomfortable to approach psych., kept on putting it off). I am really impressed and amazed at the results. I have been taking 2 Amoryn (1 morning, 1 afternoon) and 2 Seredyn (1 morning, 1 afternoon). Sometimes I take Seredyn as needed but it usually ends up being 2 a day. I started feeling the effects soon after the 2nd day, it was like my mind was clear for the first time. For once in my life I am comfortable everywhere I go and dont feel uncomfortable speaking to people. I am very happy and glad it has worked for me. 3 weeks on the effects were just as good except that it's hard to tell if it's working when your at home. Just this week my old worry habits slipped through. One in a class, where I didn't want to answer because there was someone who would elaborate on the questions better, made me feel dumb so I didn't say anything. And another last Thursday when I was introduced to someone, sort of said something silly he walked off and I felt bad. Im just happy that I got over those events quick. Hopefully Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, which I will partake in soon, will help prevent old habits from slipping through. Btw seen psych. for the first time last Tuesday who confirmed Social Anxiety Disorder and Depression.

Anyway my experience for a month on Amoryn and Seredyn to treat S.A.D. and depression has been very positive. It is still working and I hope it continues to work. I will keep you guys posted on my progress. Probably once a month.

I need advice. Amoryn and Seredyn is costing me AU$60 a month, Im a student and don't have much money. Im scared to stop Seredyn because I don't want to go back to feeling uncomfortable. Does anyone else take Amoryn and Seredyn together? What are your experiences? Should I stop Seredyn? Will Amoryn help with my anxiety? Will Sam-e or Fish Oil help with S.A.D.? Thank you for your responses.

Last thing, thank you Kelly for creating this board and thank you guys for all your wonderful useful posts. If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have taken the natural path and might've started off on prescription. I love reading your posts and wish you all the best of luck.

Sincerely,
Savion

Moshe

Ip/Isp 62.253.128.13
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Wed 15 Jun 11:04

Yep. Something about the post just seems fake, the fact it constantly 'brand drops' doesn't help, and then along comes the 'CEO' to correct us all with some serious commercial overkill. Bioneurix doesn't come across a reputable brand. Where's the mod ?

robo

Ip/Isp 64.136.27.228
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):reply to" , Thu 2 Jun 01:27

Hi Savion,
I am also S.A.D., and I have been searching for natural remedies for a long time. I've been taking an antidepressant for two and a half years now. Before I started taking it I was severely depressed and I thought I was going insane. It helped me a lot with my mood, but I still had a lot of social issues. I kept expecting to get completely better but I never did. Before I took that I also tried St. John's Wort for a while, which has the same main ingredient as amoryn. It worked great from when it first kicked in up until four months later and it slowly stopped working. I did'nt know what was going on, I thought I was cured because of how great I felt at first,but I was falling back into my old ways. After a while I realized that it was'nt working anymore. Then I did some research on it and I read that it will temporarily help you for up to six months. I don't know if anybody else has had the same experience, who knows you may find permanent relief from it. But I would keep this in mind just in case you start feeling the way you did before you got on it. You will save yourself a lot of worrying. I recently started taking something called colostrum, it's the nutrient produced from breast milk the first six hours after birth. They take it from cows, and it is supposedly stronger than a humans. It has a lot of health benefits, but it has helped me a lot with my s.a.d. and depression. It starts working within a few days if you follow the directions, and then once you been taking it for a little while you can start lowering your doses. I started taking five a day and now I just take two which is good because it's kind of expensive. You can get 120 capsules for around 20 dollars.I'm not perfect by any means, I still have a lot of social issues. But I'm getting better and better, it's a slow process and I hope one day I'll be one hundred percent.One thing about colostrum is that it gives me a lot of energy, too much sometimes, it makes me feel hyper. So I was thinking of trying seredyn to relax me. I saw that it was kind of expensive also, but they tell you the ingredients. I looked online and I found that valerian root is pretty inexpensive, passion flower is also kind of cheap. If you do some shopping online you can find some pretty good deals. Pure suntheanine is kind of expensive though. But green tea has L-theanine in it. I drink that and it always makes me feel better, I get the naturally decaffeinated mint kind because caffeine is bad for anxiety. I also looked at the ingredients for Amoryn and all of them are pretty cheap. You could substitute St. John's Wort for the hyperforin. Anyways, I hope it all works out for you. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them for you.

sincerely,
Robo

Ben@BioNeurix

Ip/Isp 64.160.176.82
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Mon 30 May 20:03

quote:
Hi,I have had S.A.D. for most of my life, I am 23 now. Four weeks ago I started taking Amoryn and Seredyn. Btw I have never taken any prescription drugs (wouldve been too uncomfortable to approach ...
Dear Savion,

First, let me say upfront that I am the CEO of BioNeurix Corp., the makers of Amoryn and Seredyn. I'm sorry to see that your post was mistaken for a SPAM/promotional post. Since I run BioNeurix, I'm fairly confident that you don't work for us... :-) We have a strict policy against employees posing as product users, but unfortunately this type of deception is all-too-common in the industry, so I can understand Seb's skepticism. In any case, I frequently browse the sjwinfo.org forums, so I hope I'm not violating this site's policy by posting a response to your question.

For most people, Amoryn does help to relieve anxiety. After six weeks, 88% of Amoryn users with anxiety report that Amoryn has lessened or completely relieved their anxiety symptoms. (And even the vast majority of users who don't have anxiety report feeling more relaxed.) Of course, Amoryn takes effect gradually over many weeks, so it's uncommon to start feeling more relaxed within the first few weeks.

Once you've been taking Amoryn for a month or two, there's a good chance that Amoryn alone will provide sufficient anxiety relief. At this point, you may be able to stop taking Seredyn regularly without anxiety symptoms returning. But since every person is different, it's impossible to predict what will work best for you. The only way to find out for sure is trial-and-error.

Once Amoryn reaches maximum effectiveness (usually after 6-8 weeks), I recommend that you try reducing your dose of Seredyn and then stopping completely. It's likely that your anxiety won't come back, but you may want to keep a bottle of Seredyn handy to use "as needed" in particularly stressful situations.

In regards to the other remedies that you mentioned... SAM-e can be helpful with S.A.D., but it often worsens anxiety, so it may not be ideal in your case. (Plus, it costs far more than Amoryn or Seredyn.) Fish oil, on the other hand, may be a better choice. You may be interested to learn that we're actually developing a new Amoryn formula, "Amoryn +EPA", that combines the hyperforin-rich SJW in Amoryn with highly concentrated fish oil containing 70% EPA (the Omega-3 fatty acid proven to relieve depression and anxiety). Few fish oil products contain more than 24% EPA, and to my knowledge, there are NO supplements currently available that have both SJW and EPA, so I'm very excited about this product. AMORYN +EPA will be available in about six weeks, so check the amoryn.com website at that time for details.

Other affordable options for treating anxiety are kava (if you don't have liver disease) and niacinamide (not regular niacin).

To summarize, Amoryn and Seredyn work well together for users with both depression and anxiety, but either can be very effective when taken alone. Amoryn doesn't work immediately like Seredyn, but in the long-term it has high success rates for both depression and anxiety, so it's a good choice if you want to take one supplement to address both problems.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] if you have further questions.

Regards,
Benjamin
BioNeurix Corp.

CatOtonic

Ip/Isp 71.32.183.158
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Tue 31 May 07:54

I have been researching sjw and reading these boards for about a week. I assure you I can understand why you would find it distasteful for any company to "push their wares" here. However I did not find the original post to seem suspect.

If you were with the Company why would you pretend to be concerned about pricing? Then the Company* responds and doesnt push him to stay on the combination, like you would expect many to do if they only wanted to boost sales.

*Shrugs*

I am a stay at home Mom in rural Idaho suffing with GAD and mild depression. I was on Paxil for many years. I hated the side effects and suffered severe withdrawal to try something else. I tried Wellbutrin and it seemed hopeful but within two months I was so aggitated and having bursts of rage that I wasnt even afraid to go cold turkey off of that one. I just wanted it out of my system.

So I found these boards and other sites and whether I got sucked into the hope or what, I did order Amoryn. I am a little concerned that the epinephrine effect in the wellbutrin caused my weird rage and I know sjw does have some effect on ep.
I plan on giving this a few solid months and if I fail have already accepted going back to a traditional SSRI like lexapro as a last resort.

I plan on sharing my experience and unbiased opnion here. Hopefully I don't get accused of being part of a company ploy.

I need to get well to better care for my three year old son. He deserves for me to try my best. It is so frustrating to live with the "never feeling good" about anything feelings. Always being on edge is no fun.

I also have an observation, some people get very discouraged (including me) when it takes so long to feel better, or when something just doesn't seem to be working at all. I've been there and it is the same thing you go through with prescription AD's. Only they cost 5 times as much and you really think they HAVE to work. (they do not always) Each works different in every persons body. Knowing this makes it easier for me to try sjw with the hope that it may have the right influance on my chemistry.

Wishing you all well~

I will let you know when I receive my order, how it goes.

Cat

Ben@BioNeurix

Ip/Isp 24.5.78.54
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Thu 2 Jun 17:36

Hi Cat,

Even you experienced agitation and bursts of rage when taking Wellbutrin, this doesn't indicate that Amoryn is likely to cause the same side effects. Their actions are similar in some respects, and you're correct that both Wellbutrin and SJW affect norepinephrine (NE). In fact, the activity of another mood-related neurotransmitter, dopamine (DA), is also increased by both Wellbutrin and SJW.

But beyond this, the actions of hyperforin (the primary constituent in SJW) and Wellbutrin differ in significant ways that result in different side effect profiles. First, they affect DA and NE through different neurochemical mechanisms: hyperforin acts primarily as a reuptake inhibitor, but Wellbutrin is a rather weak reuptake inhibitor and almost certainly acts via a separate mechanism. Second, hyperforin also inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and GABA, two mood-related neurotransmitters that Wellbutrin does not affect directly. As a result, the fact that Wellbutrin caused certain side effects does not indicate that you're likely to experience those side effects when taking Amoryn.

Since you’re struggling with not just depression but anxiety as well, I suspect that Amoryn offers significant advantages over Wellbutrin in your case. Wellbutrin has a pronounced stimulant-like effect that can aggravate anxiety and is more likely to cause side effects such as the agitation and anger that you mentioned. Amoryn, on the other hand, does not typically produce an immediate or pronounced stimulant-like effect. (This may result, in part, from its ability to increase serotonin and GABA activity. Both these neurotransmitters act to calm the nerves and reduce anxiety.) Of course, it’s possible that Amoryn may cause agitation or increased anxiety in rare cases, but it’s far less likely to cause these side effects than Wellbutrin. In fact, after taking Amoryn for six weeks, only 4.1% of users report experiencing agitation and just 2.3% report increased anxiety. (To be fair, I should note that Wellbutrin is probably less likely than Amoryn to cause certain other side effects, most notably drowsiness and fatigue.)

Amoryn’s long-term effectiveness for relieving anxiety offers another advantage to you and others with GAD. When people taking Amoryn specifically for anxiety are surveyed after six weeks of use, 88% report that Amoryn effectively reduces or relieves their feelings of anxiety. While Wellbutrin exhibits a proven ability to relieve depression and often works well for non-anxious depressed individuals, its benefits for people with both depression and anxiety are questionable. In these cases, hyperforin’s ability to effectively relieve the full range of depression-related and anxiety-related symptoms makes it a better choice.

Finally, I cannot overemphasize the importance of taking Amoryn for 6-8 weeks before deciding if it’s right for you. (This applies not just to Amoryn but to all hyperforin-rich SJW extracts.) On average, Amoryn users first notice positive changes in 3-4 weeks, and for some it begins working even faster. But out of users who don’t feel any positive changes within the first four weeks, nearly two out of three report significant improvement by the seventh week.

In other words, even if you don’t think that Amoryn’s helping after one month – even if you feel absolutely no different – there’s still a 62% chance that Amoryn will start to “kick in” if you continue taking it for just few more weeks. For this reason, it’s important that new Amoryn users take it everyday for about two months, not just a month or less, before evaluating its effectiveness.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Benjamin
BioNeurix Corp.

Savion

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 202.89.170.34
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(5):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Mon 13 Jun 20:58

Hi all,

Avner, sorry to tell you but it's not a dodgy thread. Get Kelly to check the IP addresses and you'll see. Sorry for my initial Qs ppl I didn't mean to break the rule, thought it k since core content was experience.

Ben, I didn't think it necessary but I changed my mind. Thank you for your reply. It addressed my concerns really well. It also impressed me, I didn't expect that sorta commitment from top management. It was beyond the call and I really appreciate it. If I have any issues or need advice I'll contact admin. Thanks again.

Cat, we would love to hear your experience on SJW so let us know how it goes. "Being on the edge" yeah I can relate to that too. No fun and so debilitating too.

Robo, thanks for your post. I'm glad colostrum is working for you. It sounds interesting, I'll look into it after my exams.

Update on experience. 6 weeks on and SJW still has a positive influence. May elaborate on experience after my exams.

Savion.

seb

Ip/Isp 82.35.232.77
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Sat 28 May 05:29

No offense. This looks really fake, like a blatant commercial for the company that manufactures both Amoryn and Seredyn, BioNeurix Corporation.

Avner

Ip/Isp 216.37.138.189
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Thu 9 Jun 07:42

Also, this board isn't for asking questions (and then getting dodgy promotional answers) anyway

Ben@BioNeurix

Ip/Isp 24.5.78.54
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Thu 2 Jun 18:07

Sir, if you have a problem with BioNeurix or its products, then by all means, please share them with me. But its inappropriate, unnecessary - and quite frankly, a little cruel - to attack and disparage Amoryn and Seredyn users who come here seeking advice and support.

The fact that you seem to question the legitimacy of every person who speaks well of BioNeurix products says a lot more about your true motives than about theirs.

Perhaps there would be more discussion in the sjwinfo.org forums if you did not belittle those who share positive experience or mention a specific product by name when asking a question.

Benjamin
BioNeurix Corp.

avner

Ip/Isp 216.37.138.189
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Thu 9 Jun 07:37

I agree that this whole thread looks dodgy mate. If you actually look at the dates, youve messed up the order of the posts for some reason, so youve already answered the post above in your first post. I was always suspicious of all the 'Amoryn miracle' posts, a while back. I'd definitely be interested in looking up the ips

Savion

Home Page
 Ip/Isp 202.89.175.209
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Sun 29 May 01:22

hmmm... i posted to a social phobia post yesterday and got the same response, i was really offended. all im doing is telling you what ive got, telling you whats worked for me & my experience on it. isnt that what u guys do. this has really bummed me out. well thanks for letting me know anyway. guess i dont want to sound like commercial.

sorry i posted

KimMurphy

Ip/Isp 65.12.197.19
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):Amoryn & Seredyn Together" , Sun 11 Sep 09:18

Ok, I came upon this posting and had to reply. I have been taking Amoryn for 2 months now, after being on Prozac for 2 days and wanting to kill myself. I had been suffering with EXTREME panic attacks and G.A.D. since January, adding depression to the mix along the way. Bottom line, it worked for me. When I had a question for BioNeutrix (sp?) I got a reply quickly and from Ben. I had no idea who he was. I am impressed and thankful. Addionally, I was also taking Seredyn and was able to stop it pretty quickly, but keep the Mellodyn on hand for when I need to sleep. I am a 44 year old mom of a 16 year old girl, a 2 year old boy, am perimenapausal and I take care of my elderly dad full time. And I wondered why all the anxiety? Anyway, it will get better for you...good luck!

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.