Cipralex

Topic Title: Cipralex
Deities

Ip/Isp 68.150.55.190
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Cipralex" , Wed 5 Apr 17:36

I'm sure this is a little of topic since it's not exactly about sjw but I need and value your opinions.

I have been suffering from anxiety for almost a year and it's just getting worse. I tried some anti-depressant a year ago with horrible side effects. I tried Effexor almost a month ago..again with horrible side effects. I have now been taking sjw few a couple of weeks and the anxiety was gone for about a week and now it's back, almost in full force (morning are very difficult for me, afternoons are not quite as bad). I saw my dr. today and she gave me a sample pack of Cipralex and suggested taking 5 mg a day. I told her I was really really relucant to try a prescription again and she assured me that with such a low dose, the side effects should not really surface, but it will give me the relief that I need.

I haven't taken it yet, as I would like to get some opinions on Cipralex. Has anyone else tried Cipralex? Anything that I should know about it or be aware of? I'm going to try and do more site searching on it also.

Much thanks in advance

papuanewguinea

Ip/Isp 195.93.21.72
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Cipralex" , Thu 6 Apr 13:50

If Cipralex is the tradename for Citalopram hydrochloride its generally considered one of the safest Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors with relatively low side effects and apparently one of the more powerful serotonin antidepressants. give it a try and see if it helps.

sheephead

Ip/Isp 195.93.21.72
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):Cipralex" , Fri 7 Apr 05:32

Try this link....

www.crazymeds.org/lexapro.html

I would recommend the crazymeds site in general, because it gives a down to earth, user-friendly view of depression / medication without resorting to scientific descriptions.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.