Topic Title: to REYHAV info for REYHAV
Papuanewguinea

Ip/Isp 195.93.21.72
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"to REYHAV info for REYHAV" , Mon 6 Mar 14:27

Hi Reyhav,

In one of the posts you showed some interest in the way of life that REBT (Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy) promotes, and that you are interested in empowering and helping yourself so that you can learn to overcome your shyness and be gentle with yourself when you are shy.

One irrational belief that a friend used to hold was "That I SHOULD be talkative and be on the ball and its terrible when I get stuck for words." he replaced this with "I dont HAVE to be talkative at all, tho id prefer to be interesting, but if i clam up, so what?" After he repeated this to himself and began to repeat it day after day and accepted himself when he was quiet or nervous he began to get happier and more empowered, and started to be more talkative and risk taking paradoxically. This belief left him with a lot more room to be less anxious and demanding of himself. He quite simply wasnt so concerned with the fact that he was a quiet person and that he didnt have to impress anyone in social situations. Hes doing much better now, like me.

I too suffer with a small amount of shyness but used to have it really bad.

books which may help you are "A Guide To Rational Living" and "A Guide To Personal Happiness" and "How To make Yourself Happy and Remarkably Less Disturbed" by Albert Ellis, one of pyschotherapies leading figures.

These books may help to guide you to a better understanding, and how we can think creatively to make ourselves happier and more productive, instead of continuing to think anxiously, which largely creates our bad moods and anxiety. Yes, it is something in OUR control, not merely the "chemical imbalance" or "past upbringing" that a lot of other scientists and therapies tell you make you depressed.

I would recomend a CBT or particularly a REBT therapist and also time for relaxation such as listening to "hemi-sync" or "brain-sync" cds which balance the right and left brain hemispheres and lead the brain into relaxation whith some impressive technology which is clinically tested and researched and very safe.They really help me.

The gym also helps-plenty of cardiovascular excercise (running to get the blood flowing and lungs and heart working - to produce endorphins -the bodys natural opiate anti-depressants and euphorant)
I also use rosemary essential oils which is quite uplifting and invigorating. It took me a long while to get where I am today and if i can accelerate anyone elses trial and error in choices then i am willing to help.

Hope all this helps good luck Reyhav

Papua New Guinea

reyhav

Ip/Isp 203.76.233.11
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):to REYHAV info for REYHAV" , Tue 7 Mar 05:47

Thanks my friend,

Wow, your topics quite interest me. I have research on some of the books regarding moods and the auhtor you are are mentioning are quite good.

Bro, i have question, i was before going to a gym and i have weight lifting last year but after my depression, i stop. I lost motivation to go and also i lost so much weight. My brother has bought treadmill in our home and i happy coz its very timely to me so that i can have walking exercise as substitute to weight lifting. My problem is here. I feel so umotivated to push myself to exercise in our treadmill. When tried to force myself, i cant continue to go on for long period. I just cant exceed my time for 15 minutes. I observe that my emotion are on my way. When i stay too long running, negative thoughts are coming in which give me a hard time. As you said, its a good way to help myself overcome my shyness.

I hope can you give some comment on my problems. Or there are some ways that i can do which will not need to do some expense. Thanks again. Your reply means a lot to me.

Reyhav

ravengrrrl

Ip/Isp 12.219.241.9
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):to REYHAV info for REYHAV" , Thu 9 Mar 22:17

One trick I learned when meditating: when extra thoughts start coming into your mind, repeate to yourself the word, "thinking" a couple times. The try to clear your mind again.

I find it calms my mind, at least for a little while.

reyhav

Ip/Isp 203.215.124.98
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(3):to REYHAV info for REYHAV" , Sat 11 Mar 15:04

T.Y. for the reply

reyhav

papuanewguinea

Ip/Isp 195.93.21.72
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(4):to REYHAV info for REYHAV" , Sat 11 Mar 15:19

Hi Reyhav,

Im unsure of the question you are putting forward.

15 mins each day on a jogging treadmill is good going! You will naturally find the things that help you and empower you to accept and overcome your present problems.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.