SAD and light box therapy... - http://www.sjwinfo.org Forums
      Home
      Chit-Chat
       SAD and light box therapy...

Topic Title: SAD and light box therapy...
sheephead

Ip/Isp 195.93.19.53
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"SAD and light box therapy..." , Thu 24 Nov 07:45

After four glorious years with the on / off symptoms of depression, I have been diagnosed by a Consultant appointed by my employers with 'Seasonal Affective Disorder'.

This came as a considerable surprise. Although I have read about SAD, I never made any particular connection with my situation.

Anyway, I am currently two weeks into a course of the anti-depressant moclobemide, but in the last two days have also become the proud owner of an SAD light box.

For those who are not familiar with this piece of kit, mine looks a bit like an attache case, which opens out to reveal four flourescent tubes, which produce a fairly bright whitish light which you are supposed to sit in front of for about 30 mins per day.

If anybody wants to investigate further I would recommend the following site as a good starting point...

www.britebox.co.uk

It's supposed to take a few days to kick in so I shall give it a thorough road test and come back on this board in the near future to let you know how I get on.

Greetings to Kelly and all the regular campers.

Sheephead.

sheephead

Ip/Isp 195.93.19.53
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):SAD and light box therapy..." , Thu 24 Nov 07:52

A disclaimer.....

I thought I should just add that although the website, which I namechecked above is provided by a commercial organisation, which supplies light-boxes, I referenced the site soley because it contains much useful general information on SAD, which I hope will be of interest.

Sheephead.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.