One sided ESB for social anxiety

Topic Title: One sided ESB for social anxiety
the chief

Ip/Isp 202.173.144.102
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"One sided ESB for social anxiety" , Sun 6 Mar 03:18

Has anyone heard of ESB for social anxiety? This is where a surgion blocks part of your sympathetic nervous system using a clamp, and basically stops your syptoms of social anxity. Apparently social anxiety occurs in the sypathetic nervous system and not your brain. Due to past traumas etc you automatically react and can't do any thing about it mentally. Appartently the only other alternative is to use hypnosis to unlearn the trigger that causes the sypathetic nervous system to react. But a very skillful hypnotist is required and it is an extremely difficult task.

It is a controversial topic, and alot of people have had side effects from it, but appartently there is an 80% (i think) success rate and people live a more enjoyable life afterwards.

Please have a look at this link and tell me what you think. If anyone has had a positive experience from it please let me know.

http://www.esfbchannel.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=ETS_General

Sorry I don't know how to activate the link.

Cici, you might be interested in this topic :)

The Chief

cici

Ip/Isp 80.40.88.112
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):One sided ESB for social anxiety" , Sat 12 Mar 02:42

Hi Chief,

I don't know... it sounds a bit scary to me. Something to try as a last resort maybe.

Is this something you're actually considering?

Cici

the chief

Ip/Isp 144.134.37.70
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(2):One sided ESB for social anxiety" , Sun 13 Mar 05:19

Nah, not anymore. I did some research. It's very controversial. Not worth risking my body over. I have come over some really good info though. have a look at this site. Social anxiety is a more severe form of shyness. This site is great for learning how to beat it. http://www.shyrelease.com /

Apparently CBT is meant to work best for treating social anxiety. I've thought about using a benzo like klonopin as well, but very hard for my job. I operate heavy machinery.

I have been taking some gotu and also ginko.
I'm giving myself excersises to do. I've worked out that I have an avoidant personality disorder. So I try to avoid situations that I fear socially. I am actively assigning myself social tasks. I am learning to increase my pain threshold and learning to trust people again in social situations. I am learning that I do not die or nothing bad really happens to me when I don't perform perfectly in a social situation, and I am gradually training myself to become less anxious in these situations.

Hope that info helps. Let me know if you find anything yourself.

chief

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.