Anyone tried echinacea for colds? - http://www.sjwinfo.org Forums
      Home
      Chit-Chat
       Anyone tried echinacea for colds?

Topic Title: Anyone tried echinacea for colds?
sheephead

Ip/Isp 195.93.34.14
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Anyone tried echinacea for colds?" , Sat 27 Nov 01:33

If so, did you find it particularly effective?

I don't particularly want to have my kitchen shelves heaving with hundreds of vitamin and mineral supplements, but I'm fed up with looking like Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer and drinking bliddy Lem-sip.

Any good?

Sheephead.

mmf

Ip/Isp 206.131.12.181
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Anyone tried echinacea for colds?" , Sat 27 Nov 07:16

I tried it once this fall, and I Think it worked. My cold was brief. But, Next cold, I'm going to try Zicam no-drip liquid nasal gel. I've heard it's supposed to reduce the duration of the cold. You must use it as soon as you feel the cold coming on, as you do with the echinacea. Also got some Cold-EEZE zinc throat lozenges, the tropical fruit flavor, and the fruit flavored suckers for my kids. They've All had colds, and say the lozenges taste ok, and I think it helped them, their colds didn't last very long, three days, maybe. I haven't caught anything since the first cold......I went out and bought the cold remedy spray, the cough remedy spray, and the lozenges when I realized none of us were getting the flu shot this year......I had surgery in Oct., and have been taking tons of Vit. C, Vit. E., Bromelain. My chiropractor also gave me some picrorhiza/andrographics blend to help my recovery along.....So, I'm not sure which vit. helped me dodge the cold that 3 others had........but, I didn't get it, which is unusual! I DO feel like I have tooo many vitamin and mineral supplements sitting on my shelf! Got the Zicam at Walmart, and the Cold-EEZE at Walgreens.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.