behavioural problem

Topic Title: behavioural problem
pinkul

Ip/Isp 203.124.133.93
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"behavioural problem" , Wed 17 Nov 06:34

I want to know if people being depressed are able to make close friends easily ? It is one of the uphill tasks for me to really win the heart of anybody. Apart from having mood problems, loss of interest and lonelineess I find extremely difficult to relate with people emotionally. Are there people similar to me ?
Are there some people who are suffering from depression but still enjoy togetherness with close friends and relatives ? My inward lonelineess has become so habitual that now I find very diffuicult to change my reclusive behaviour.

postitnote77

Ip/Isp 24.155.80.16
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):behavioural problem" , Fri 16 Sep 17:44

I thought i would post this link:

http://www.thehealthcenter.info/emotions/loss-of-pleasure/

This is a great information resource for psychological symptoms of depression like loneliness, meaninglessness and shyness. Very good stuff that includes potential causes and basic coping techniques.

I think anyone can read this section and relate to how the author describes these conditions. Well worth a few minutes.

PostIt

onelove

Ip/Isp 69.108.75.125
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):behavioural problem" , Sun 12 Dec 10:28

Hi pinkul,

You are absolutely not alone. I know how easy it is to think that everyone else and their brother seems to have a fabulous social life except you. I am sure there are reasons for why us people with depression and anxieties lack the confidence or self-esteem to trust other people in order to form honest, strong bonds of friendship and family.

With therapy sessions and SJW/5HTP I am beginning to learn how to change my negative thinking. Like McGrath said, it's simple to think other people are talking about you. It is ever so easy if they give you any bit of a reason to think they're gossiping about you, in which in my case I avoid them like the plague! Although it seems obvious, my therapist suggests for me to seek people out that are like me - quiet, shy, honest, and empathic. This is easier said than done because we so often think we're outsiders to a group of social butterflies or attention-getting "popular" people. What makes them BETTER than us? Nothing. I don't like the social stimga put upon introverts.

In my quest I am learning to love and be kinder to myself, while embracing my unique personality. It's challenging, but best to work on it a little at a time. Know that you have our support, and I wish you the best of luck.

onelove
Josh McGrath

Ip/Isp 69.148.75.237
 Profile user profile
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):behavioural problem" , Wed 17 Nov 13:21

I am that way too. I have one close friend, but many 'basic, generic' friends. I cant let myself trust many people for some reason. And I always think they're talking trash behind my back. I have severe depression, GAD, SAD both severe. It is very hard. How I a haven't put a gun in my mouth yet, I'll never know.

So, no, you are not alone.

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.