Topic Title: I'm back + some news
Im a Guy !Kelly
Home Page
 Ip/Isp 192.168.0.11
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 NO Reply no replies allowed

"I'm back + some news" , Tue 5 Dec 22:50:

Well I am back from India! It was quite a trip. India is in most ways very different from Canada or the US or even most parts of Europe, and that was one of the reasons I really wanted to go there. I took over 300 pictures and will be making a web page for them shortly, if you're interested... but on to other news.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this forum alive while I was away! There are many posts on here now, and I hope to start replying to some of them over the next few days as I find time.

There appears to be a problem with the forum relating to older messages -- I have discovered a bug that makes all the messages past one "screen" to disappear. You may well have noticed this already, as it may say 250 posts but you can only see a fraction of those in one screenful and you probably wondered where they went.

Rest assured that all the messages are still stored on my server even though you can't see them all right now. But I do need to fix a few things and this bug is on the top of the list. I will be adding, for each forum section, the ability to click on "page 1 2 3 4 ..." etc., so anyone who is interested in reading the old posts may still do so. That's one of the things that will make this place so valuable to a new visitor to the site - the ability to read about a large number of people's experiences, over time.

Note that if you search for a particular thing, all messages are included in the search, including the ones that you currently can't see because they're old.

Let me know if you are having any problems with the board. I will be adding new functionality and cleaning up the interface again in the next few weeks. I bought a book on Perl and PHP programming in India (hmm, is that how I spent my holidays?) so I will understand this stuff better. Actually during my holidays I got sick a few times and did a little of this:

I am currently trying to get back into the groove of things but still have jet-lag, so give me a few days to get active here again...

[this message was edited by kelly on Tue 5 Dec 22:51]

Posts: 141 | Location: Calgary (Canada) | Registered: Thu 5 Oct 2000 21:48

Replies:

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000 Kelly Martin.