Topic Title: Prozac + l-tryptophan
happy_camper

Ip/Isp 69.234.215.103
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Prozac + l-tryptophan" , Tue 8 Nov 18:46

Hello,
I've been on l-tryptophan (1 g) for about 6 weeks with limited success. It has taken away my panic and anxiety, along with my zest for life I'm afraid. I feel sleepy and foggy constantly. Really disappointed because I wanted this to work, but it's not to be. I still have a bottle of Prozac from before, which I'm tempted to try again. Question: How long should I wait until tryptophan is out of my body? I plan to titrate the Prozac very slowly, only about 10 mg/day. Is this safe? Another post said she used 500 mg l-tryptophan to go off Effexor, so I'm assuming it's okay in small doses.

redcat88

Ip/Isp 67.149.212.115
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):Prozac + l-tryptophan" , Fri 7 Apr 09:47

I just started 5-HTP. So far so good, but I take it at night before I go to bed as some recommend, because I'm afraid of the foggy thing too. I quit Prozac (20 mg) because I was foggy and it made me want to sleep all the time. I got nothing done. That made me pretty depressed right there. I'm experimenting with supplements, because I'm tired of the prescription side-effects. So far with 5-HTP the only side effect is some headaches. I'm also taking L-tyrosine during the day right now to help me with A.D.D. problems so I'm not sure where the headaches come from. I had them going on and off prozac though. So I'll give it a little time. I have amoryn being shipped to me as I speak. I've heard some good things about it. I'll let you know. Anyway, I saw this article that seemed pretty unbiased about good supplements for depression and anxiety. Maybe it will help you find something that helps.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-Natural-Stress,-Anxiety,-and-Depression-Supplements-Really-Work?&id=24181

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.