5-HTP for SAD?

Topic Title: 5-HTP for SAD?
treatment

Ip/Isp 71.110.88.19
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"5-HTP for SAD?" , Wed 6 Jul 18:18

Just wondering if anyone has had success with 5-HTP for treatment/control of SAD. No depression, history of severe OCD, but presently only SAD.

andylaperle

Ip/Isp 66.131.62.231
 Profile user profile
 Edit/Delete edit/delete message
 Reply post reply

"Re(1):5-HTP for SAD?" , Sat 31 Dec 19:08

Three weeks ago I started taking 50mg of 5htp at supper time. On the second day I started to sleep very well at night. On the third day I started to see a huge inprovement on mood. My thoughts became more focused and I stopped worrying about what others thought about me. At work I had the best time in a long time, I was laughing and jocking with co-workers and I wasn't self conscient at all. Last week I read that dosage should be between 100mg and 300mg for SAD, so I tried 3X 50mg a day and for a week and notices that I was tired all the time, so I dropped the dosage back to 50mg once a day and that works great! In the morning I take a multi-vitamin along with liquid B-complex and at the end of the day on my last meal I take the 5-htp. Last month my doctor wanted to put me on Effexor but I wanted to try something natural before. I'm not sure what he will thing of the 5htp but it seems to be working for me. I guess time will tell!

email/admin SJW home forum index
Copyright © 2000, 2001 Kelly Martin.