Combining St. Johns Wort, 5-HTP and Rhodiola Rosea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining St. Johns Wort, 5-HTP and Rhodiola Rosea

Share your experience if you've combined St. Johns Wort (SJT), 5-HTP and Rhodiola Rosea (RR). Do you think a combination of SJT and RR, or 5-HTP and RR, is better? I'm thinking SJT and 5-HTP would improve the mood, and RR fatigue. Twice daily I take 300 mg of St. Johns Wort, Omega 3 (with Vitamin E), Vitamin D3, and B-complex. I've only been on the St. Johns Wort around two weeks. I think my insomnia has become worse and my skin (mostly around the nose) has started to itch.
    Last edited by intland; 11th January, 2009, 03:31 AM.

I meant SJW, where it says SJT.

Comment

Heya Im on SJW and rhodiola rosea and vitamin b complex with b12. Ive only started sjw a while ago but was on the other two for ages...i was doing fine on them when I came accross sjw (i bought it up the north because we not allowed to buy it in southern ireland), heard lots about it so i said i would try it out.....im doiing ok now..

I started off with sjw worth three times a day but found it was making me far too hyper couldnt sleep at night but im only on one a day now and im doing ok....well to be honest I was thinking of increasing it to two a day because im finding that in the last two days that im becoming tired and down in mysef...was on a diet cause i felt great and was able to stay motivated but this weekend im totally off track....so hopefully I will have a boost tomorrow....as for 5htp I actually have them here but im sacred to take them...mainly because i cant find much definate trial sudies on them....

Hope your doing ok...

Comment

Originally posted by LINDYLOO View Post
        Heya Im on SJW and rhodiola rosea and vitamin b complex with b12. Ive only started sjw a while ago but was on the other two for ages...i was doing fine on them when I came accross sjw (i bought it up the north because we not allowed to buy it in southern ireland), heard lots about it so i said i would try it out.....im doiing ok now..

I started off with sjw worth three times a day but found it was making me far too hyper couldnt sleep at night but im only on one a day now and im doing ok....well to be honest I was thinking of increasing it to two a day because im finding that in the last two days that im becoming tired and down in mysef...was on a diet cause i felt great and was able to stay motivated but this weekend im totally off track....so hopefully I will have a boost tomorrow....as for 5htp I actually have them here but im sacred to take them...mainly because i cant find much definate trial sudies on them....

Hope your doing ok...
        I'm glad it's working for you. I've got an update.

I've got no more side-effects from the SJW. It has also gone a week since I've started taking two Arctic root pills in the morning. So I'm combining SJW and RR.

I find that my sleep pattern has improved - I take all my SJW dose at night which should make me not sleep. I go to bed and wake up earlier than I would like - around 10 pm to 5-6 am. An hour later would be better. But it's much better than before.

I've also become more active. I'm doing 20x3 (it's not something I began doing last week, I used to do it sporadically before so I had the strength) press-ups every morning. I do intend to hit the gym soon.

Placebo effect or not, my life has improved. It's not like I've changed completely. I'm an introverted person who read a lot. My head is full of information, and I just need to relax more.

I've noticed I don't think as much about everything and nothing. I need balance in my life to become less intellectual and more outgoing, if you know what I mean.

I just feel less worried about the future. Everyone got fears, but it's a matter of being able to control it better. I got a more positive outlook on life. I want to watch this new movie called "Yes Man", as I think it might be inspirational!

I'm also more reluctant on 5-HTP for the same reason. I will continue using the SJW and RR combination a few more weeks until I got no left. I might try 5-HTP later.

Cheers for sharing your experience.

Comment

No problem hun...let me know when and if you takt the 5htp....

Comment

Working...
          X